American Spirit

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Bacardipr05, May 22, 2007.

1. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Problem with American Spirit Rod. I just finally broke down and bought myself an American Spirit rod.(catfish connection) The two sections dont fight right I have tried several techniques and it just doesn't fit. Also these rods a bit on the light side any help appreciated.

2. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Well I called Catfish Connection took several calls to get thru their customer service dept or I should say guy. He said its not a common problem with these rods. But who knows he could just be saying that. These rods seem a bit on the cheesy side to me. Anyone have any experience or problems with these rods. I guess I gotten use to my Shimano Rods which are better made than these. Even the cheaper ones.

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Please place your first name back into your profile, its a requirement to maintain your membership status.

On a side note, we were discussing something similar, you can read it below:

CLICK HERE

4. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i have a couple of the 9 foot rods. they seem really stout. but, i bought a couple of the 7 foot one piece ones. they seem really light. but they're pretty strong. i had one totally doubled over last weekend. it suprized me that it didnt break. but, it held it's own. so for the price, they're good rods...

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got the 7'6" night stick pro this spring and couldn't be happier with it. It is a one piece though. I have pulled two 30 plus flats out of the wood and it preformed quite well. I can definitely see another night stick in my future.:big_smile:

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I placed my name in my profile thanks. I wasnt too impressed with these rods to be honest. Some of the chrome plating was already chipped off and the two pieces not fitting correctly turned me off. Also wraps are low quality. I mean i know this is $20 rod but I have seen better quality in similar price ranges. Maybe catfish connection will ship me another one hopefully it wont be a defect. Anyone else had this problem?

7. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Call and complain to them. when i ordered 2, 9 foot rods. one came with the trigger snapped off of it. no big deal. i thought they'd float me a free box of hooks or something for the trouble. they sent me a new rod without question. and let me keep the original. so, i have 3 of the big ones and 2 7 footers now.

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thanks for you post psycho. I have called he wanted the rod back and I had to pay for shipping it back. I would of assume I would get reimbursed but he made no mention to it. I had to call a few times before I got a hold of their customer service dept/guy. I think I kinda of caught him at the end of the day or he was extremely busy not sure. I just sent the rod back this past Friday with the holiday and all they probably wont get it to Thursday or so. I also feel they should throw something in for my troubles but wont expect it. I will be posting hopefully soon about this. I plan on a follow up call to them soon.

9. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    if your so depressed with there service and product why spend all this time trying to get something out of them??? just ask for your money back..he will gladly give your money i know him personally...

10. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Not at all depressed with their service. I was only posting my experience for other members and wanted some feedback. I have ordered from them before the original post was about the quality of these rods and wanted to see if anyone else had a similar exp. I am not expecting anything other than a new non-defective rod that is all I want. Sorry for any mis-understanding.