American Spirit Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by hookslinger, Aug 11, 2008.

1. hookslinger

hookslinger Member Supporting Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Name:
    Tony
    I'm looking at the American Spirit nite stick that catfish connection sells. Looking at the 9' spinning rod. Does anybody have any experience with these rods, good or bad?

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I have 4 of the Nite Stick Pro Model rods. If you get the 9ft Pro Model spinning rod you won't be disappointed. They're great rods. We've caught some pretty nice fish on them so I think you'll be pleased with them.

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    They may not be the best rod out there, but I think they are the best rod for the money. I have 4 myself and they are a great value and will handle a big fish as long as your reel and line will too. (Put a 54 lber in the boat with one Sunday morning). Good luck fishin'.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont know about the American spirit rod.....but I have an american angler rod with the blank through the handle and I believe it could land a whale....LOL:big_smile:

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have the one piece seven foot casting model, wouldn't trade it for anything! The tip is soft but doesn't interfere with casting ability. I don't think that you can go wrong getting one. :wink:

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have one spinning and one casting rod. I haven't caught anything over 20 yet with them but they seem like good rods for the money. A bit on the stiff side but that is just my opinion. I believe they are worth the money.

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'd agree with that. They may not be the best for the money but I like them more than any other comparably priced rod I've used. Much better than a Glo-Stick, much better (in my opinion) than a Quantum Big Cat which both me and a buddy who has them will agree on. You can also chunk some pretty big lead with them, we use up to 8oz on the river and hand size pieces of bait and they'll sling them just fine. Just make sure your line and reel are good to go and you'll be fine.

Also, they're white which is unquestionably the best color for a catfish rod, still don't understand why they make them in anything other than white:eek:oooh:

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I broke 2 of them a few yrs. ago ,maybe a bad batch ?Dont know but didnt buy anymore !

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i agree with bumpers thoughts. i had a bunch a while back. they are a good and pretty rod for the price. ony one i had trouble with was i got a hit once and went to set the hook real hard and the sinker had snagged. it broke the tip at the first eye. but alot of rods would have done that in that rare situation.

think i had about 8-9 at one time. i sold tham on ebay and went to a lighter action rods because i love to really feel a fishs power. even if its only a 5lber.

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive got two nite sticks and i like them alot.They are fairly stiff but i have had to horse them out of logs and down trees and it worked great.i got an abu 7000 on the both of them.And ive had zero problems with them.