American Spirit Pro Model Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by FATFLATTIE, Aug 27, 2007.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I am looking at purchasing 2 of the American Spirit Pro Model rods (7'6") with the trigger and was wondering if any of you guys have used them and what you think about them? Just wanting to make sure that I get what I'm paying for as they are on the higher end of the scale price wise. Thanks in advance guys.

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have heard of them, they have good and bad reviews.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    a friend of mine has an old one not sure if it was the nite stick or the pro but the wraps are coming loose on a couple of eyes, hes had it for a few years though. id say spend 10 more and get a 7' med 20-50 tiger the tigers are prime.

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have the regular model purchased maybe mid June or so. First one shipped the two pieces didnt fit and some of the coating on the guides was peeling. Second has a slighlty loose 2nd eye from the tip. I can see that popping off if I tangle up with a big cat. Its a pretty stout rod and the action isn't too bad but they take short cuts i guess that how they price them for that cheap. Just my two cents though I have heard mostly praise on the BOC thats why i decided to try one out.

5. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I have the 7'6 Nite Stick Pro. Its a great rod and its comparable to the Surge Rods but at almost half the price.

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Thanks guys. The 7'6" Nite Stick Pro Model is a 1 piece rod and looks to be very well made. It also costs $45 so I think it should be a good rod. I just like the white blank and the fact that it has a glo tip. It'll save me a bunch of money just in glo sticks:smile2: I dunno, I guess the only way to find out is to purchase them and see how it goes.

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That tip doesnt glow at least on mine....lol.... good luck......

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Does it seem to have a soft enough tip to tightline with circle hooks? I will mostly fish with clickers and J-hooks, but I do fish for blues in the winter using circles. Thanks for any information.

9. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I only use circle hooks and it works just fine for me but the tip isnt really that soft, I also don't tight line so maybe thats why it works for me. The tip doesn't really glow, its just green. :smile2:

10. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think these rods are great, pro model or regular nite sticks. I netted a 70+lb. blue my dad caught on the same rod you mention(7'6"pro), while tight lined w/ a circle hook. I have a 10' pro casting and I love it. These rods are super strong, have a lot of line guides, and aren't that expensive. I think some of the problems people have w/ these rods are a result of shipping, not because they're cheap.

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well, I ordered 2 of them today. When they get here I'll let ya know my first impressions. Anybody have any suggestions on what reel to put on it? I'm trying to decide on either a 6000 Red or the 7000. What do you guys think?

12. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I had a 6500 on mine but it looked way too small and it bugged me so I got a 7000 for it. Looks just right now!:smile2:

13. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like your an Abu Garcia guy, but I like a big Shakespeare tidewater 30LA or LB on mine.

14. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well, looks like I'm going to have to save up and get the 7000. I just really like the casting ability of the Abu's. I want to just put a couple of Penn 9 levelwinds on there b/c I have one of those and it's a great reel, it just doesn't seem to cast as well as the Abu Garcias. I dunno, it's going to be a couple of weeks before I can get the reels. I can't wait for the rods to get here though.

15. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    let us know how they are when you get them.i have been thinking of buying one

16. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well, I got my rods today and all I can say is HOLY CRAP what a rod!! They make my poor Berkley Big Game rods look like wet noodles. The tips actually glow in the dark and I'm just really impressed with the construction. I'll probably be ordering more as soon as I get the money. They are some really nice rods. If you're thinking about getting them from first glance they really look like they're worth the money. Now I just gotta tangle with some cats and see how the work in action. Also, the tip looks to have enough flex for circle hooks and they've got some behind to them:big_smile: Looks like I got myself a good deal.

17. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Keep us posted on how you like em and how they perform I am thinking of selling either that line or Surge when I open my shop this winter.

18. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    now that youve had these a while how are they doing. run across 3 6000s today so now ive got to get some rods.

19. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have been using them for several years..never had any trouble out of mine....boated many 70lb+ fish with them as well.