American Spirit OTS Supreme

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by barbel, May 4, 2006.

1. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I was looking at my Catfish Connection catalog, and I saw this rod. It is the first item on the first page of the 2006 catalog. Has anyone ever tried one of these? Are they better than Quantum Big Cats? Any information would be extremely helpful, since I was thinking about ordering one, but I dont want to buy crap. Thanks in advance :big_smile:

And while this may not belong in this area, I will tag it on to save an extra thread. How has 30 pound test clear Ande fishing line worked out for people? Does it fare well in abrasive conditions. Thanks again.

2. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    This was getting towards the bottom of the list, so I am going to bump it up. So even if no one knows anything about then OTS supreme fishing rod, are there any other good alternatives for a Penn 320? Thanks for any info.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Any good stiff 7 - 9' rod; 7' for boat fishing, 9' for bank fishing. Ugly Sticks are popular for a reason. It really depends on the size of the fish you are trying to catch. The Ande clear line is okay, but it doesn't last very long. It's very sensitive to UV rays. You'll have to change it at least every six months because of the memory (it coils too bad ). After every retrieve you must check it as it tends to nick and fray pretty easily. If ANY (even the smallest) rust spot is felt on the line you need to cut it off above there and re-tie your rig. If you like it enough to keep using it, invest in a can of Reel Magic and spray spool two to three hours before use as this will help relax the memory and make casting smoother.

4. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well the sizes of fish that I will be using on this outfit are going to be hopefully between 20 and >100 pounds. Its my big setup. And as for the Ande, I decided to get a spool of 30 pound Big Game from wal mart instead. Thanks for the advice though :)

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would definitely team that reel up with a nice Ugly Stik Tiger Rod!

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I have one thing to say: CAJUN LIGHTNIN'!!!

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well i dont have the ots but i do have the american spirit nite sticks and i like them alot.they are a little stiff but not to bad,i have two of them.you may consider one of those.

8. daniel472001

daniel472001 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use the American Premier Nite Sticks and they are very good rods. Soft tip with plenty of backbone. I got them from Catfish Connection.

9. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    How do they fare with 30 pound test mono? I have seen them before and they look great, but I dont know how great. The Nite Sticks were my other choice for rods. Thanks for info in advance.

10. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well, I went ahead and ordered an American Spirit OTS Supreme rod from Catfish Connection, and it is AWESOME! I got the heavy action rod, which flexes from the tip only to like the first 30 percent of its blank. Great for a flathead rod. Haven't used it yet, but it feels like it would be a beast. I give it a 9.5/10.

11. daniel472001

daniel472001 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry that I didn't notice your message earlier. My apologies.