American Spirit Nitesticks

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by neocats, Oct 31, 2008.

1. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Anyone ever try the American Spirit Nitestick? I just got a 7'6" MH casting combo. Seems pretty good out of the box.

Any opinions?

2. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Hi Jeff
    I got a 9' casting rod and I love it. It's med. hev. so circle hooks work great with it. Some people are having trouble finding them but I got mine at Gander Mountain and they had all sizes and models.Catfish connection also sells them. I have an okuma saltwater reel on mine and 50# mono have caught 30 #s no problems.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use the 12ft nite sticks to catch all my big flatheads.

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Jeff
    I think they are good rod. I have 8' er Med/Heavy that has been around for years enough years I can't remember how long I've had it . Caught lots of fish on it and never leave home without it. It has a 5000C Abu on it. It's the one I sit and hold while waiting on the clickers to sing.

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I use the 7'6" and 8' Nite Stick Pro Model rods and I love them. Caught a respectable amount of nice fish on them and they don't disappoint. I like the 7'6" model a little better b/c of the trigger and it being a 1pc rod.

6. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Did you get the combo with the American Premier casting reel on it? What do you think about the reel? The rods look really good to me, I think that the 7'6" casting rods are going to be my next purchase.

7. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I've never tried one,but I hear good things about them. Gotta find somewhere to buy one locally. That way I can hold it and get a feel for it.

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I did get the Pro Series Combo. Only fished with it for a couple of hours. I don't see any problems with it yet. Hold plenty of line and casts well also.

9. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have two a spinning and a Pro model casting. A little on the broom stickish side...My buddy has 4 of them his recently purchased one (about 2 weeks) the metal collar that holds the reel in place cracked this was the spinning reel 7ft version. The first one I purchased last year the two pieces would not fit. The place we purchased them gladly took them back.