American Spirit Nite Stik Rods.........

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by PABowhunter4life, Jun 16, 2009.

1. PABowhunter4life

PABowhunter4life New Member

State:
    Blawnox, PA
    I have been eyeballing these as I have read LOTS of good reviews on them and I think they could be exactly what I am looking for in a channel cat rod. The cork handled models are $35 which isn't bad at all, the foam handles are $18, but aside from the handle I can't seem to find a difference in the specifics of the rod that actually matter :embarassed:

I was just wondering if there is any difference in the models with cork handles compared to the ones with foam handles aside from the cork?

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

John,I had a couple of the cheaper ones about 3 or 4 years ago.IMO-they weren,t a bad rod,but they had a very stiff tip.Good heavy guides even on the cheaper ones I had.I,m guessing there,s more of an upgrade than just the cork on the higher priced ones.Maybe one,s glass and the others composite?:wink:

3. PABowhunter4life

State:
    Blawnox, PA

Thanks bud! We talked about this before in a PM and while I'm not trying to "cheap out" by any means, I have read that these rods are basically amazing for the price and I figured with a great reel on them they could be a perfect channel set up. In all my years of fishing I have only caught one truly BIG channel cat and unfortunately I was too young (14ish) to even think about measuring or weighing it. I just know it was very, very BIG. As I said though, Lord knows how many channel cats later and I am still sitting on one big fish lol

Soooo, point of the story, I don't want to drop buku bucks in to a rod that will probably never see a fish over 10 pounds; I'll save the money for the muskie and the flathead rods :wink:

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    They are amazeing for the price, I got a Nite Stick and I love it.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    All 3 models of the Nite Stick. Pro, Premier, and Classic, are graphite composite rods. The only difference I can find is the cork handle on the Pro series.

Don't forget about your special pricing you get as a BOC Insider.

6. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey John, I am not sure about the foam handles but I have 2 of the cork handles and they are great rods for the price. I have the 7 foot rods and have caught cats as big as big 25 pounds so far. I hope to top that soon lol:smile2:.

7. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    they seem like a good rod, i used a friends last week and have one ordered already

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have the pro 7'6" M/H. This is one great rod. Cast like a dream, rated for forty pound line and the tip is so soft a flathead just has to look at it and it wiggles! lol. I have had it side by side with a Surge rod and you can hardly see a difference. Read the descriptions of every model and you will find many things are different from reel seats to composition.:wink:

9. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Don't want to hijack here, but what BOC Insider pricing deals are you speaking about? and where is the best place to buy? I am also looking around.

10. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I have four of the 8' yellow rods. I have only fished with them a couple times, but I love them so far.

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    ive got 4 of them and i love these rods,just a bit stiff but will horse them out of cover when you need them to.thumbs up.

12. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    There is a special pricing program for the American Spirit Nite Sticks made available only to the BOC Insider group. Contact Paul (Catfish Commando) if you need a link to the price list.

13. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bought a 9' one but have not caught anything on it yet. I was really impressed with the build quality and the quality of the eyes. It is a bit less stiff than what I am used to but I will wait and decide what I think after catching a monster or two.

14. PABowhunter4life

State:
    Blawnox, PA
    Thanks for all of the responses and input guys!

15. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nice looking rods with great eye support.

16. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    I boughgt one recently and have only used it a couple times but it seems to be and AWESOME rod and I only have it paired up with a TW30L which makes for a cheap all around combo.
    GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN FISHIN'!!!:cool2: