American Spirit Nite Sticks

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by flathunter, Feb 10, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was in need of a couple of long rods last year...I did not want to spend a fortune so I settled for a couple of 12ft night sticks...I always looked down my nose at these rods as being inferior...Not any more, I doubt I will ever buy another rod other than a night stick, well worth the 39 bucks each and they each landed a 40-lb flat with ease.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've got a 9' casting one that I've had about 8 years and its still good as new. I love it!!! I'm planning on buying a couple 7' casting 1 piece for boat fishing soon I hope.

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Still abusing my two 10 footers. I would have never thought they would last as long as they have when I bought the first one. Sure can't beat them for the price I tell ya.

4. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bought a 10 footer last year. I like it, but I had a guide break on it in November. The first one up. The weld failed where the eye connects to the part that is threaded on the rod. I tried to soder it myself, but just made it worse. It could cast bigger baits a lot further than some other rods rated for more weight.

I just bought an Ugly Stik Big Water 10 footer today. It seems like a decent rod. If no one else has problems with the American Spirits, I will probably buy another one.

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I think its a decent rod. The first one i bought the two pieces didnt fit. I had to return it. The second has a slightly loose second eye from the top. I may buy myself another one. I managed to land my only flathead last summer with it no problem though.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i had more than 1/2 dozen at one time. 8 footer blue to match boat. they were just a little to heavy for my fishing needs and bit long for the boat. i went to some abu and ugly rods. i loved the premier rods. had one tip break but when i went to set hook i was snagged. other than that i liked them.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=403&d=1125598897

from my archives.

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love my PRO 7ft 6in MH.casting rod. I have it matched with a 7000cI. You can detect a light bite and it has plenty of back bone. Believe me when I say, when ever I get a chance to get a new unit it will be exactly the same thing.They make flathead fishing almost to easy..:big_smile:

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    They're awesome rods. I've got two 7'6" Pro models and two 8' Pro models and I love both of them. They can cast some heavy weights and they have very nice action to them. Can't say enough about them. I'll be getting two more here soon to round out the collection:wink:

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I bought 2 8'2pc,,1 red and 1 blue one about 4 years ago and there still setting in the corner,I know they are good rods, but never got around to using them, since I use customs.But the blue one ,the wire on the tip came loose off the tube As I had to put some epoxy on it ,,But I'm going to clean it Chip it off and solder it:wink: End up giving them to one of my grandsons:smile2:

10. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Cool!! night sticks with the American flag on them! only problem is I never learned how to use tonfa like my sifu used them.....

oh wait...your talkin fishing rods... my bad.

11. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    You know i was given one to try-out by a tackle store in Jan-08 a 10fter....I didn't really think much of it:smile2: Until i put my extra 7000c3 on it and tried it last week.....I use 1 piece 10fters with my 7000's for shad and skip's with circle hooks and king kahles they seem to get a higher percentage of hook-up's than my 8fter's do....but the american spirit weigh's a lot less than my 1 piece do....less wear and tear on the rod holders and you know it didnt miss a hook set either...so far i am impressed with it's ablities also:big_smile: