American Spirit Nite Stick

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by cottonwoodsforever, Apr 13, 2006.

1. cottonwoodsforever

cottonwoodsforever New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Just got my order in from Catfish Connection for a 9' MH Nite Stick. I had a Shakespeare 30L reel sitting around that I needed a rod for and the price was right for this one. I must say that for the price I am impressed. While the workmanship on the rod isn't quite up to the standard of the likes of an Ugly Stick Tiger or a Big Cat, it looks like it is plenty sturdy. The guides look to be stainless and have no play in them whatsoever. The reel seat area looks a little cheap, but it should be plenty strong. The action is very stiff all the way to the tip (at least compared to my Tiger) but I don't see it being a problem as long as I don't try to cast really soft baits. Anyways, as far as I can tell without actually fishing with the rod yet this looks like a solid rod at a very good price. If you're looking for a cheap first big cat rod or for a reasonably priced addition to your catfish arsenal I give this rod a thumbs up! :)

-Mike

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    i was thinking about adding this rod to my arsenal as well. I was looking at the 7.6 footer but have not made my final decision yet. It seems to be a good rod, but I have not heard from those who have use dthem yet. Otherwise, it seems to have the backing to handle fish with no problem.

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I bought the 7'6" Nite Stick Pro one piece to give them a try..its not quite as heavy as the Quantum Big Cat but so far it seems it would do OK even though I don't think the quality is as good as my Quantum Big Cats...I plan on setting it out for a flathead....I do like the fact its more visable for night fishing and it still seems to have the backbone to handle anything I will probably catch.....will let ya know...LOL.

I also bought the 7' Med action one piece Nite Stick Pro and have used them....I will say I was very surprised at how easily it handled a huge buffalo the other day....so maybe they are not to bad....final outcome to be determined;) ..LOL

They do seem to be very castable.

4. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I have two 8' MH Nitesticks, and they are perfect for channels. I haven't taken them out to try for flatties yet. For the price, they were perfect.

Ray

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    They look like very good rods for the money ,I just bought 2, -8' 2pc med/hvy,for 35 bucks each. hav'nt tried them out yet but soon will:)

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have two nite stcks in the red splash.I really like them alot great rods and it can easily bring them big ones in.

7. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    been using these rodds now for about 8 years. wouldnt give these rods up for anything. i even traded the ugly sticks in for them