American Spirit Nite Stick

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by cottonwoodsforever, Apr 13, 2006.

1. cottonwoodsforever

cottonwoodsforever New Member

Just got my order in from Catfish Connection for a 9' MH Nite Stick. I had a Shakespeare 30L reel sitting around that I needed a rod for and the price was right for this one. I must say that for the price I am impressed. While the workmanship on the rod isn't quite up to the standard of the likes of an Ugly Stick Tiger or a Big Cat, it looks like it is plenty sturdy. The guides look to be stainless and have no play in them whatsoever. The reel seat area looks a little cheap, but it should be plenty strong. The action is very stiff all the way to the tip (at least compared to my Tiger) but I don't see it being a problem as long as I don't try to cast really soft baits. Anyways, as far as I can tell without actually fishing with the rod yet this looks like a solid rod at a very good price. If you're looking for a cheap first big cat rod or for a reasonably priced addition to your catfish arsenal I give this rod a thumbs up! :)

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

Los Angele
    i was thinking about adding this rod to my arsenal as well. I was looking at the 7.6 footer but have not made my final decision yet. It seems to be a good rod, but I have not heard from those who have use dthem yet. Otherwise, it seems to have the backing to handle fish with no problem.

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I bought the 7'6" Nite Stick Pro one piece to give them a try..its not quite as heavy as the Quantum Big Cat but so far it seems it would do OK even though I don't think the quality is as good as my Quantum Big Cats...I plan on setting it out for a flathead....I do like the fact its more visable for night fishing and it still seems to have the backbone to handle anything I will probably catch.....will let ya know...LOL.

I also bought the 7' Med action one piece Nite Stick Pro and have used them....I will say I was very surprised at how easily it handled a huge buffalo the other maybe they are not to outcome to be determined;) ..LOL

They do seem to be very castable.
  4. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I have two 8' MH Nitesticks, and they are perfect for channels. I haven't taken them out to try for flatties yet. For the price, they were perfect.

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

Louisville, Ken
    They look like very good rods for the money ,I just bought 2, -8' 2pc med/hvy,for 35 bucks each. hav'nt tried them out yet but soon will:)
  6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

I have two nite stcks in the red splash.I really like them alot great rods and it can easily bring them big ones in.
  7. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

Trenton, Ohio
    been using these rodds now for about 8 years. wouldnt give these rods up for anything. i even traded the ugly sticks in for them