American Spirit Nite Stick Pro

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by EsoxJohnny, Jun 21, 2006.

1. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Does anyone have any experience with them? I am trying to decide between the 7'6" A.S. Nite Stick Pro or the Jim Moyer "Boss" rod in MH. I mainly bank fish with 2-4 oz. sinkers for flatheads. Who likes what and why?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have heard the Boss Rod is a mighty fine rod, it's made out of EGLASS....I do believe the american spirit is a graphite rod, which I personally dont like for flatheads..I have owned one american spirit rod, and found it lacking in quality...Now I do have a ugly stick tiger rod in m/h action, and I highly reccomend it for flatheads.

3. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Moyer rods are legendary. I mean try to find an ECAT on Ebay, you wont find it. I have tried 100 times. The Boss will be the same way, When they stop making it, people who dont have one will be trying to get one. Get a moyer rod, you could literally reel in a whale with one. One thing with the Moyer rod though, it has stainless steel guides, which dont work as good with braided line.

4. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    american spirit im all for them thats all i pretty much use in my big game outfits. they are great rods. and are very high quality

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The nite stick pro's are a great rod.I have a friend that has 2 of the 10' pro's and he loves them.I have the red/white 9' and its great.I've had it over 6 years and its never let me down.IMO,the difference between the pro and the regular is the pro has a cork handle and different color.I don't think you can go wrong with any of their rods.

6. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    I have a 9 foot nite stick pro. Just had it a few months but have not caught anything on it to give a report. But, the rod seems to be made pretty good and it looks good.

7. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Flathunter, it is true that American Premier makes the nite sticks out of graphite composite, but they are beginning to make newer series of rods out of E-Glass. You must have gotten a bad rod or something, because I cant see any way for an AP rod to be bad.

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Hey there. I have recently been thinking about purchasing one of these rods. I like the way they look. I bought an ol whiskers catfish rod last summer after breaking my old shimano rod. I have a 9ft which i dont like to use much and bought a one pice 7ft rod that i hate to carry with me. The ol whisker while a "pretty rod" is not stout enough and doesnt cast well. So I have been looking for a replacement. Any input on these rods will be great. Thanks.

9. buzz crackstock

buzz crackstock New Member

State:
    Springfield, IL
    I have a 9ft ap nitestick spinning rod and have used it quite a bit for the last 7 or 8 years, and it is still in great shape. I like the looks of the nite stick pro also, reminds me of my berkley reflex rods.

10. buzz crackstock

buzz crackstock New Member

State:
    Springfield, IL
    Oh yeah, the only thing I don't like about the boss, and the reason I haven't got one yet, I mainly fish at nite and can't stand a black rod. I could just put some reflective tape on it but for some strange reason I just can't bring myself to buy one :confused2:

11. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I got a 7'6" Nite Stick Pro casting rod this year and have loved it. Its a well made strudy rod that I have confidence in with fighting the biggest fish. I too looked at the Moyer Boss rods when deciding what to get so I decided I would eventually get both!:big_smile: