American premier?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by brinley45cal, Nov 14, 2005.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Im thinking about getting an american premier from catfish connection.Anyone have any experiencewith these Rods good or bad?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hears is my honest opnion, I bought one of those rods once..I used it a couple times and gave it away..Not because it was not a good rod, but because it looked like a big ole paylake rod :D A lot of paylake fishemen in Ohio use those rods...The rod seemed like a decent rod, not top of the line of course, and I am sure would have done a good job for me if I had kept it.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think their 7 footers look alright. I saw a couple @ my local shop, but before I got one of those, I'd buy a Cabelas King Kat Pro rod. Usually the King Kat Pros are $39.99-44.99, but right now they are on sale for $19.99.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    the old threads of these have dissapeared i guess. there are several of us that use these rods. i have several 8' and 7'ers. there actually i think kind of nice looking. not the best of the best sure. there $19.75 for an 8 ' blue at cat conn wich at the moment i have 3 and a 9 and 2 7's and gotta get a 8 for the new 6000abu. they (8') has 8 guides +tip. had one break off at the tip on a cold day (at or close to freezing) while fishing the hot water at powerton lake. i went to sweep it back on a bite and snagged at the same instant. the tip broke. other than that ive landed some nice fish on them. the 24# 8 oz flathead in my pro pic was caught on a 9' ap with a penn peerless #9. by another brother.

5. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

For the price you can't beat the rods. I'm glad Jeremy got me into them. Haven't had a problem yet, and the action on them is excellent. You know when you have a bite.

Ray

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I saw some red colore dones @ my local shop. They do look nice.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brayn, what is a red colore dones?????

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    you two kill me. are you guys on the same puter taking turns?? :D

9. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Well i didnt know ,ive never seen one only online so i didnt know if they were any count or not.Mybe ill give them a try,i would be putting either an Abu 7000 on it mybe a tidewater 30L or Abu 6500c3.Im not sure yet.Has anyone every caught any big ones with it and if so how did it perform?

10. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I have 2 of the 10 footers I use for gettin way out there. I have had the one for about 5 years now cant say one bad thing about them. Sure they are not the best of the best by no means but for the money you cant go wrong in my opinion. I've pulled in lots of 20, 30, and 40 lb blues out of one of those pay lakes. But the have held up well in the rivers dragging in 30 lb flats thru the strong currents below a dam. I would recomended them for nice reasonably priced rods.

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jeremy, we are abut 70 miles apart...However I have dogged Bryan for years because of his typos :D

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ok just wondered. lmao.

in my last post on the rods i mentioned that the 24#.8 ozer was caught on a red splash 9'er. it was caught in ohio river at forked run st park. took about 15 min to retrieve but the rod held up great. i now have the rod with a 210 penn on it. still ready to land another.

13. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks for the input,i have one of my reels on a surf rod thats a 10 footer and i dont like it,its just about brand new ive only used it mybe 4 times.Its just to big and bulky for me ,i cant cast it very good so i was wanting to get rid of that one and replace it with a rod thats 8 foot.I havent really decided on a rod yet but i was thinking about trying the premier.

14. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    I had a dozen of them. 4 have broken in half. 3 of them busted while casting large gills and one on a flathead. They are very thin tubular eglass and graphite composite rods. Sent one back and it was replaced, wasn't worth the shipping costs to send the others back so they went to the trash. Will use the rest of them for channel cats with some cheap reels I have. Abu

15. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    are the nite stick pros any better? i bought one a few weeks ago and i havnt been able to try it out much but it seems liek a good rod.......anyone had problems with em?