american premier baitcaster

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by yellingrebel78, Dec 31, 2009.

1. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    has anyone seen or used the american premiere baitcast reel looks just like the abu and built the same but they cost cheaper let me know if you know anything about it

2. festus

festus New Member

Are you talking about the grey colored low profile baitcaster, Brian? I saw a Revo Premeir reel at BPS a couple of days ago for about $275. It was very light and it's really a bass reel. This may not be the same reel you're talking about, but it's about the lightest baitcaster I've ever seen.

3. yellingrebel78

State:
    georgia
    naw it's a round baitcaster just like the ambassadeur 6500 but the same people makes the american spirt nite stik but they are like 54 dollars

4. festus

festus New Member

I'm in the market for a new reel myself, and looked all over the Internet and found their website: http://www.americanpremiercorp.com/reels.html

They have a reel, check the attachment and see if it's the same one you're talking about.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  5. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    DONT BUY THE REEL!! Unless you plan on catching 2lb-ers don't get it! I bought 3 of the same reels. Gears stripped and had to send them back. They are cheap in construction. The factory re-installed gears and bearings and they still sucked. If you're gonna spend $50 go the rogerssportinggoods and buy and abu from them.

Good luck in your purchase! They make a good rod....I have 3 of the night sticks, but the reels suck!

6. Skunk_Ape

Skunk_Ape New Member

State:
    tenn.
    Rogers has the Abu 6000B right now for $50.

7. yellingrebel78

State:
    georgia
    thats it

8. yellingrebel78

State:
    georgia
    thanks that all I need to hear I'm a abu fan got a few of them but I seen this one and was wandering about it because I never seen them before

9. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I saw those reels the other day when I bought a few Nite Stiks and was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the WARNO on their quality. If you need a cheaper alternative with the same performance, you cant beat Ming Yang CL60 or CZH60 or CLL60 for $34 (same size as the 6500 but with a higher line capacity, equal drag, but the clicker isnt as good.