The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Eagle claw hooks say made in the US so I buy them, but I was surprised to see their swivels made in China this year. Berkley big game is made in the usa. I use that all the time. I know some St Croix rods are made in the usa but who knows what models these days. Falcon rods may also be as well as gloomis. Im not so upset about foreign made products, but I wish it was anywhere but China.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
701 Posts
Best i could tell when i looked into this.
Almost all rod blanks are made over seas. All of the affordable ones are. There are rods that are assembled in the us. For instance the meat hunter rods use sumo blanks. Granted i didnt spend a lot of time. But i couldnt even find out where Sumo blanks are made.

Mostly it just part of global manufacturing.
Companys specialize in certain things. There good at that thing. There fore they can offer a quality product at a better price. Take high quality lenses for binoculars, rifle scopes and cameras. The best ones come from two places. Europe and Japan.

Reactions: BCT and twaskom

·
Registered
Dave from ohio
579 Posts
I was in denver colorado last week, and saw the original eagle claw headquarters there. Dont know what is still u.s., and what is made elsewhere from them though. I toured the st. croix factory in wis. a few years back, the only rods made there are the most expensive models though, the triumph, mojo, and maybe the premiere is made elsewhere.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Almost every fishing product sold in this country is part of a conglomerate called Pure Fishing. Their brands include Abu Garcia, Penn, Stren, Shakespeare, Berkeley, Fenwick, Mitchell, pflugere, spiderwire and more. They are now mass produced in China with exception of a few high end Penn and Abu models.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts