American Idol, unfair?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, Apr 4, 2007.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    We have been watching every episode this year and only when Sanjaya first auditioned I thought he was a good singer, not so much anymore:roll_eyes:. I wonder what the other people (the ones that have been voted off) think about Sanjaya. Do you think he might win because people are just voting for him as a joke? If so, i think the show is ruined for the future because it will have no validity.

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    mom says she thinks its cause of all the little girls out there keeping him voted in..

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I have heard there is an American Idol hate website, where people intentionally vote for the person they think is the worst contestant. I have not tried to look the site up, but I have heard that they are doing that. I think there will be a panel of judges in the future. If you put something in the publics hands, they will always find a way to ruin it..IMO

4. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    the web site you are refering to is votefortheworst.com but not only that web site but Howard Stern is promoting it just for a joke

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think that there are music scouts that watch the show, and pay little or no attention to how the public or the judges vote, and will contact the contestants which show promise regardless. JMHO.

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Your right Tom he should have been gone long ago and its really bothering me. That website is taking the credibilty away from the show. I decided to stop watching the minute Jack Osborne Jr.(Chris Sligh) got voted off. He was by far the best male singer on the show.

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    My god I cant belive I just admitted to watching American Idol in a public place. The person who wrote that post was not me someone highjacked my password and posted that. I plead the 5th LOL

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Okay --already i watch American idol ---So what!!:lol: I agree Sanjai should have gone bye-bye a long time ago!!!

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Personally, I think the show is a joke to begin with. I have only sat through a few shows and wished I had went and had a couple of root canals when it was all said and done. This show proves nothing to anyone.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yup, Howard Stern and Bubba are trying to get Sanjaya to win it. It will be funny if it happens and totally hurt the show because of the winner being guaranteed a contract. How funny is that. lol

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    well if you go back and check you will find that on the nights its on im on here :lol: posting my guts out

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I agree, ol' ponyhawk boy needs to go bad!!! It is a shame that people are voting for him as a joke.

13. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Gina Gloxon (sp?) went home last night, which is a travesty.
    She is a MUCH better singer than Sanjaya as is Phil.
    This show is supposed to be about talent.....like Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson, not popularity like Sanjaya or Taylor Hicks.
    JMHO

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Mike is right, and yes :embarassed: I watch it too. Gina didnt deserve to go home. The only thing Ill disagree with Mike on is I thought Taylor Hicks was pretty good, different sounding yet Bob Segerish but more jazzy or something. I thought it was funny how Simon was trying to fool someone saying that Sanjaya(sp) was incredable LOL

15. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    While Sanjaya is denfinitel the one who should be voted off, don't worry, it will work itself out in the end. Last week there were over 33 million votes cast. You'll notice Malinda, Jordin and ( I can't remember her name but y'all know who I mean) are still there. When it comes down to it Gina was good but she wasn't going to win so does it really matter if it is a little out of order?

Next to go should be sexpot Haley Scarnato. At the end there should be no MAN standing besides beat bbxer Blake. That boy has a real talent.

After haley goes will be Phil then Sanjaya.

Time will tell. The FU sites will soon not have the power they think they do.

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    When I first saw this thread, I was trying to think of that judges name. Thank You Gary, Simon was the one I was thinking of. I

If anyone should go... It would be him. This guy is a total a$$. He is so conisending and brutal to the contestants that,he ruins the show.

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Well, you can tell that you don't "watch" the show. The fact that a lot of people don't like Simon is one of the hooks that make the show successful. People may hate to hear the truth but when Simon gives a person a compliment it means so much more than when the human ditto ditz Paula tells someone they look good. Have you seen some of the people who fill these stadiums waiting hours upon hours to tryout only to find they couldn't carry a tune in a bucket? Somewhere, somehow, these people have been coddled and told that they are talented only to embarrass themselves on National TV. Remember it is a singing competition. Gina and Chris Sligh both sang ballads when the Judges have repeatedly told them that they shouldn't. Such self indulgence results in loss of votes. Believe it or not 2 out of the 3 judges have a clue about the music business. Now why Paula is there I have no clue.

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    So what you are saying is:
    People only watch the show to see what will come out of "simple" Simon's mouth next. That just goes to show how society thinks these days!!! I don't approve of treating people in this manor at all. He is the main reason I don't watch it, LOL!!!

19. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i know whats goin on, Simon said that if Sanjaya won American Idol he would quit the show and who heard this? Howard Stern, Mr. Stern is asking all of his listeneres to vote for him so Simon will quit the show. ya

20. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    I know full well why Paula's there and it's not to judge but as eye candy.

And that's one of the only reasons I watch!!!!!!!!!!!