American Horse

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by snakeman455, Mar 25, 2008.

1. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Anyone know if American Horse lake is back up and ready for fishing? I had heard it was in bad shape after all the rains last summer. I'm thinking of going there this weekend and would hate to drive all that way only to find out I can't get to it. Thanks.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    im not sure im not from around there but im sure there is someone who can help you out

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    hey hadn't even got started on the repairs two weeks ago. I would say that it is still inaccessable.

4. CWGIBSON

CWGIBSON New Member

State:
    okla
    Can one walk to the lake from that wash out?

5. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yes, you can walk in, but is quite a hike. No construction has begun yet. It may be summer or later.

catman george

6. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the info...looks like I'll be going to another lake this coming weekend...anyone catching anything around central OK?

7. zimzam

zimzam New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    I called the wildlife dept today and they said it is definitely closed. We were thinking about going in there too.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Cameron, in the past 2 1/2 weeks they have caught a 31 and 52 lb blue off the dam at guthrie lake. Small crappie are biting in the south end of the lake in 4 to 5 foot of water - unless last nights rain sends them deep again.

9. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    looks like i might have to head on up to guthrie...

10. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am keeping track of the progress on AHL and will let everyone know when some thing happens there. ODWC is getting close to 10 calls/day on AHL.

catman george

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It is not surprising they are getting that many calls. There are just a few places in western Oklahoma to fish. Sure wish they'd put a dam on the Cimmaron up around Kingfisher. I don't care what the price of land is today, because it surely is not going to be cheaper tomorrow.

12. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Do any of you catch any BIG ones out of AHL? If so, how big? I have wondered how you'd fish a really deep clear lake with underwater trees everywhere! Thanks for your time and have a great day!