american cancer fishing fundraiser?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by leftemptyhanded, Feb 3, 2009.

1. leftemptyhanded

leftemptyhanded New Member

State:
    St.Joseph,Missouri
    how cool would it be to put on a benefit for relay for life american cancer society.the reason im bringing this is that my grandma past from cancer and we just found out last week my grandpa has now been diagnosed with cancer.i have twin daughters 18 months old i cant stand thinking about their great gradpa not being around.so if anyone has ideas how to sit something like this up or if you would be interested pm me.

2. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That sounds like a really good idea. I'd definitely fish for something like that.

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    That would be a great idea. I wish I new something about setting something like this up. I lost my dad to cancer in 05. Terrible disease. The one word nobody every wants to hear from the doctor.

Tom

4. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm in...get ahold of Brad Kilpatrick, he put on a great donation tourney a couple years ago. He can lead you in the right direction!

5. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Count me in, :cool2:

6. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    Count me in too. Just say when and where.

7. leftemptyhanded

leftemptyhanded New Member

State:
    St.Joseph,Missouri
    this was an idea of mine to help raise money for the american cancer society been getting alot of reponses.so if anyone would care to help with suggestions on how to hold a tournament i would aprreciate it.the actual walk is june 12 at word of life church in st.joseph mo. so the fishing tourny would have to be in april or early may

8. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Count me in also!! Like Matt suggested call Brad Kilpatrick of KC Catfish he put on a similar tourney a couple years ago!!:smile2: