Amercain spirt nite sticks

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by flathunter, Sep 15, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have talked about these rods before, but for the money I think the are the best rods I have ever used..I use the 12 foot rods in medium heavy and cast 8-0unces and a big shad head very far.

And they can handle big fish 50-lb fltheads in river current.

Best rods on the market no..But for the price 35--40 bucks they certainly get the job done.

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I agree, I jus got a American Spirit 7' 6" MH Pro Series. I havent got to use it yet, waiting on some line to come in, but it looks and feels great. The last one I got from the Syndicate special was a 12' Nite Stik, and I love it. I use it to cast Kat Bobbers,3 oz sinker, and a gill. It does the job no problem. Dont let the price fool ya.

3. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have two of the seven footers. I love these rods. The only ploblem I've had is the cork handles peel off very easily. Other than that they are great rods for the money.:006:

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Get some U40 cork sealer,, It will stop that peeling most likely It does wonders for cork and toughens it up real good..

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks brother. But where can I get some of the U40 cork sealer?

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the report on the rods Jack. I have 4 of em I am yet to try out. Give me alittle more confidence in em.

7. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the tip Kenny. Where can I get some of this cork sealer?:006:

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i liked those rods when i used them. took the fun out of channel fishing so i got some lighter action rods but still have one with a penn perless #9 on it for flatheads.

seen one drag a #25 lber in no problem.

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing the info on the U40 Sealer. I will be ordering some.

11. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ive never used them but have heard great things. i didnt take a chance when i bought my new setups. I stuck with shakespear rods but from what i hear i spent two fold too much for a rod of similar quality.

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Me too, Mickey!

BB in SC

13. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i have one that's 12'm.h, hooked up with a a.g. 7000 pro rocket,i fished with it many times but haven't hooked up with any thing over 8lbs:eek:oooh: YET:wink:

14. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    i really like them, but the last two have had reel seat. problems

15. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I have a 7' Med action. Not a bad rod. It's pretty wippy in the tip but well suited for me as a channel cat rod in my area. I don't care for the reel seat section all that much. Too much unused thread area above the reel and the trigger is a little on the small side. Only other thing is that there is no way that the "Glow Tip" section of mine would ever glow in the dark. It looks like any other glow in the dark thing but it doesn't do crap. I plan on using a flourecent tape or paint and let my black ligh headlamp illuminate the rod tip. All in all, not a bad rod for the price. I also plan to use "Rod Wrap" I get at Cabela's to wrap the cork grip. I have that stuff on most of my rods, it makes a nice grip surface and can easily be wiped down to remove a days fishing crud.

16. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    I love mine. I got the rubber handles. This rod has PLENTY of backbone for anything you are going to catch! and they are sold at a great value price!

17. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have an 8 and 11 ft casting plus a 12 ft spinning. I love them all. Great rods for the price.

18. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I love those rods ive got like 5 of them mine are the 8 footers.plenty strong enough to horse out a big one when you need to.the only problem i have is the new one s they are making in yellow,the casting rods dont have inserts in the rod eyes,im not to happy about that at all but the rest of the models do just the yellow ones dont. But great rods i think.

19. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks again Kenny for the tip on the cork sealer. I ordered me some from Cabelas.:006:

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I keep hearing reel seat comments. I run ten of these rods, well nine now as I had one snatched out of the boat. The reel seats are like most any graphite reel seats. If you OVER tighten them, I'm sure they could POSSIBLY break. Graphite is after all, a composite material and can only take so much tightening. Also, every once in a while you have to snug them up. I've had absolutely NO problems with the seats and I have caught lots of bigguns on them. Just use common sense when snugging them up. As for the glow tip, yes, that is a JOKE! It's basically non existent. This is easily rectified with some reflective tape wrapped around the rod tip, or some folks prefer glow sticks for night fishin'. I will reiterate, there are GREAT rods for the PRICE, and I would buy more when need be.

< i have is the new one s they are making in yellow,the casting rods dont have inserts in the rod eyes>

Actually, I would PREFER rods with NO inserts, IF the eyes were made of good metal such as stainless steel. With inserts, there's always the possiblilty of them falling out eventually, or accidentally stepping on one popping them out. The AS Nite Sticks have VERY STURDY eyes, and that, I REALLY like about them. I have had NO issues with the eyes thus far. I like the Ugly Stick Tigers because they DON'T have the inserts, but they have no trigger and I like a rod with a trigger as I have better casting control with one.

Bill in SC

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009