Amer. spirit catfishing rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by shaky, Nov 16, 2009.

1. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    Has any one used the American spirit cat pro rods. They seem to have a good price. Can any one give me any feed back on these rods.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've got 2 of the MH 7'6" Pro's. They seem like good rods, I haven't caught any big cats on them yet but for the price their good rods!:cool2:

3. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    They seem like they have a lot of eyes. I like that in a cat rod. Thanks for the reply.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

The ones I have are 10 eyes including tip. They seem like great rods but haven't got to put them to the true test yet.
    You're welcome, good luck!!!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John was not the American Spirit Rod, the one that was offered here at a special price earlier this year? I wonder if the offer has expired? It might be something for Shaky to check into.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Yep, thats where I got mine from. It was at the Catfish Syndicate. Not sure if the deal is still good or not, be worth checking out though. I got the rods about $12-$13 cheaper apiece through that deal.:cool2:

7. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I bought two of the pro series through the catfish syndicate promotion.I like the heavy model better than the medium heavy.The rod blanks were not straight and they just look like a cheaper rod.They were a good deal but I realy like the tangling with catfish series rods better.I purchased three of the TWC rods and will be buying more of them.

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I've got two of the 7'6" and two of the 8' casting models. I really, really like them. I haven't had any of the problems others have had with them. I would, if I had to do it again, have gotten just two more of the 7'6" rods. They just seem like a better rod but we've got fish up to 60lbs on the 7'6 and fish in the 30's on the 8'. They'll get any catfish you hook and they have a good action to them. I say try them.