Ambulance Chasers

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by metalman, Jan 7, 2008.

1. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Last Wednesday I got rear-ended in my truck on the way to the Uncle Sci-Fi get together. By the time I got home on Saturday evening I had a bunch of letters from lawyers waiting for me all offering me their services.
    Apparently they are at liberty to examine accident reports on a daily basis, yet I don't even have a copy and if I want one I have to buy it.
    Privacy, what privacy?...W

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Winston sorry to hear about the wreck. Every area has those ambulance chasers. They must think you have a good case. I hope all turns out well for you. Enjoyed talking with you at the gathering.

3. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    "If it weren't for lawyers, we wouldn't need lawyers".
    Sorry to hear about your wreck. Hope you're fine.
    Want to see how bad "discalimers" really are?
    Next time you are somewhere to see new ladders for sale, look at all the warning labels on them.
    They're there because of two kinds of people,
    stupid people and, yea, you guessed it;
    Lawyers:angry:

4. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    They are as low as scum.

5. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Winston,
    I'm going to explain how that happens. Alot of personal injury attorneys send there flunkies all over the state to the local Sheriff and Police Departments to look over accident reports. If they see anything that looks like they could make a buck from a suit, they mail letters out to the victim or victims in the accident. I have personally seen this when I worked as a Deputy Sheriff. However, if they wanted a copy of the report or reports from our local office, they paid $5.00 per report just like the average person that came in requesting a copy of his or her report. rspd507

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I've seen that. It is too funny. If you took notice of all of them you would not buy the ladder...W

7. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Sad part is people will hire a att. for useless litagation. If they realize that drives up every bodies insurance it might stop. A quick buck to be made always wins.
    Bill

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I LOVE reading those disclaimers and just thinking of the goof that made them necesary! I mean, if you have to be told NOT to stick your hand in the snowblower, should you really be allowed to buy one? And really, if I'm that dumb, chances are I'm not going to read the little warning sticker anyway:big_smile:

9. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    "People are getting smarter nowadays: they are letting lawyers, instead of their conscience be their guide"

"The only way to beat the lawyers is to die with nothing"

Those quotes out of the early 20 th Century. Is never gets any better.

10. plowgirl78

plowgirl78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    Sorry to hear about the wreck, hope all goes well for yall. We lost our privacy before we knew we lost it. Good luck to ya.