ambassaduer drag help please

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by FATDAD, Apr 4, 2009.

1. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    i have 3 old 6000 when i tighten the drag all the way down you can not pull any line. i have 2 newer 6500 c4 reels and with the drag tightened all the way down i can pull line from the reel with ease. what wrong and what do i need to fix it ?thanks

2. OkieHenry

OkieHenry New Member

State:
    Hulbert, Oklahoma
    Sounds like the newer ones need a spacer, When you tighten the drag all the way down you should NOT be able to pull any line from the spool. go to the schematics page tear your reel apart and check your parts aginst the schematics, that will tell you if anythings missing.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :crazy::crazy::crazy: what what what!!! i dont think their is a baitcaster out there that is like that :confused2: the only ones that dont let out line are direct drive or damaged :confused2: a 6000 with fiber drag washers tightend down all the way should take 9-10lbs max of pulling on the line to slip the drag and release line. 15lbs with carbontex.

id guess (fatdad) that when you loosen the drag a little and pull line out it is hard at first then slips then is hard again, witch would mean it probally needs replaced and the carbontex replacements from smooooothe drag are the way to go.

4. wpg_catfisher

wpg_catfisher New Member

State:
    manitoba
    i second the smoooth drag carbon washers theyre great but a combo of those locked down and 50lb braid will eat your gears in a hurry so keep your reel well lubed

5. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I agree.

6. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    thanks guys for the help, i kinda got hooked on the ambassadeur thing .never had one before coming to the boc now i have six.

7. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    While u are replacing drag washers, i would go ahead and replace that little spring clip that keeps the drag star tight. These little dudes have worn out on me alot.