Ambassador 6000

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by kccatman76, Sep 30, 2007.

1. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    ok guys i had a 6000 given to me on a 7 foot heavy action 1 peice rod do u think it would be good enough for big cats? its only about a month ago it was bought

2. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    How big are the cats you're targeting and what kind of rod is it ? The 6000 is a good reel but if you're targeting big catfish you might want to look at a 6500 c3 or a 7000c3, I have a 6000 and use it alot and I like it but if I was targeting big catfish I would step it up a notch or two but this is only my opinion and I hope it helps.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Persoannly I think the 6000 is a good choice, you can land a mighty big fish on a 6000.

4. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I have 7 or 8 of them so you know I must think that they are a good reel. Would have no problem with a big fish.
    Bill

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    With one or two exceptions, the 6000 should handle any freshwater fish swimming in the North American continent. The questions is... could you handle a really big catfish? LOL

6. ShellShocked

ShellShocked New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great reel.You will never go wrong with the abu.

7. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I have a 6000, some 6500s, and a 7000. I had rather use the 6000 then any of the others. I think the 6000 is a great reel.

8. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    well for one thanks every1 for your insight and also i am targeting 50 plus. i have caught quite a few over 50 . happy to be apart of the best catfishin web site on the internet