Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Ambassador 6000

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  xringer3 
#1 ·
if anyone is curious about the ambassador 6000 reel i would say that you cant go wrong they are fairly inexpensive and they perform great. the best thing is that you can get them at any walmart so you dont have to travel if you should break one.

#9 ·
Well I have 14 of them and they have put more fish over 20 lbs in the boat the the avg angler will ever catch. they have never let me down and alot of blue from 20 to 50 lbs have been pulled out of 20 to 70 feet of water. It just a hard reel to beat. And when set up right will cast as good as them 100 to 200 dollar reels. And if it would jump out of the boat as they can do your out 60 bucks.

#11 ·
I have a lot of reels, but I use the 6000's the most. They balance nicely on a6 to 7 ft rod and you can use braid to up your line capacity or mono for most uses. Big reels are handy at times, but 98% of the time the balance and ease of handling is the way to go. I have 3 ugly sticks with 3 6000's and they can get'er done. Hannibal Mike

#12 ·
I have a lot of reels, but I use the 6000's the most. They balance nicely on a6 to 7 ft rod and you can use braid to up your line capacity or mono for most uses. Big reels are handy at times, but 98% of the time the balance and ease of handling is the way to go. I have 3 ugly sticks with 3 6000's and they can get'er done. Hannibal Mike

I agree with you. I only use my big reels on the big rods, over 10 foot. They're nice, but it's easier to use the smaller ones.

#15 ·
I haver also been looking at a 6000. By all accounts seems the way to go. Seems like it can be easily upgraded with ceramic bearings and bearings on the wormshaft.
I think I'll have to get me one of these...

It's about 30.00 for the worm gear upgrade, and at least another 20.00 for the bearing upgrades. It's worth it if you get into a 6000 cheap enough, or already have one you want to keep like I did. I went with the 40.00 TG Rocket bearings, and MAN! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.