Ambassadeur "RUTH MURPHY" MDL

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by stickthrower, Jan 19, 2006.

1. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Can anyone help me find any info on this model ambassadeur? It is an old style 5000 series with the spool adjustment on both sides. SN# 730901. Silver in color.

On left side marked : ABU
    Ambassadeur

RUTH MURPHY
    Sweden

On the right (handle) side is a red circle sticker "HIGH SPEED"

There are no other markings of any kind. I have tried the "ABU-Garcia.com" site & "Mrambassadeur.com". I have even sent them e-mails with no help. They were unable to tell me anything about it, even with the serial number.

I am assuming it is a variation of the old black 5000C with bearings and a "Special" type like the "Hand Parker" type. However, I have never heard of Ruth Murphy.

Can any Abu fans out there help me out any? I usually up on all the Ambassadeur models but this one has me stumped. I got the reel in a swap with "Gator Hudson" to add to my collection.:confused:

Frank

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Someone may have had there name engraved in the reel, thus Ruth Murphy.

3. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    I thought about that to, except it is in the same place that on the older series that the model number was engraved. There is no model number or any other markings other than listed above. I even looked at the reel under a microscope checking for markings under the engraving. The engraving is factory I believe due to lack of model number, location, & style. I have never seen any Ambassadeurs without model numbers engraved other than "Special Name" reels, such as Hank Parker, etc.:confused:

Frank