Ambassadeur chrome 6500 cs

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by mavrick, Mar 26, 2007.

1. mavrick

mavrick New Member

State:
    kentucky
    has anyone seen the ambassadeur chrome 6500 cs reels. there almost to nice to fish with. does anyone know what the cost new. id hate to over pay for one.

Attached Files:

2. mavrick

mavrick New Member

State:
    kentucky
    by the way i was looking at them on ebay i forgot to say

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    They are pretty high dollar. You're right though, they are ALMOST too pretty to fish with. I've got some that look like that, and it gives me something to look at when the fish are ignoring me!

You might check Catfish Connection. I've checked prices at quite a few places, even ebay. I've seen the ones on ebay go for quite a bit more than what you can get one for from Catfish Connection. I"ve seen the CS Pro Rocket 6500 on ebay for for well over 100.00, and on Catfish Connection they're somewere around 95.00 new!

Go ahead and get one, I'll help ya break it in, lol!

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Nice reel, you're right....I would be too afraid of scuffing it up to use it fully!

5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The Surfcaster has them.

You might also want to check Fisherman's Factory Outlet.

Hatteras Outfitters has them too, I think.

(Just Google the above names. I don't want to get cut for trying to "promote" somebody else's retail websites.)

Really sweet reels. Hard to justify the price for me, though, when a plain old 6500 C3 or C4 will do the job. It would be an investment for a lifetime, though.

6. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    The 6500 CS Chrome Rocket cost around $220.00 new as the CT version is also around that same price. There is a guy in Sweden that buys direct from the factory that sells them cheaper than most online or tackle shops. They are great reels but they cast no better than the 6500 CS Pro Rocket that goes for around $130.00. The only benefit is they have the brass side plates that is not as corrosive to the salt than the aluminum painted side plates.

7. mavrick

mavrick New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well i bought one one ebay. 132.00 shipping and all. its suppost to be brand new in the box. so i guess i didnt do 2 bad.

8. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    im pretty sure the reel retails for a round $169.00 but man those things are nice. i would put it in a showcase or someting if i had one.lol.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice looking reel, I think that reel would spend more time on the shelf than on the water. :lol:

10. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Never seen one of those

11. Ohio Trophy Hunter

Ohio Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    now all you need is a titanium rod, a ferrari and a hot girl posing with everything,,,,,,
    catfisherman's calendar; january 2008.

:cool2:

E

12. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I believe the chrome rocket would be an excellent choice if you surf fished, or did your fishing in salt water. The finish will repel the salt water and reduce corrosion. If you fish fresh water, the 6500cs pro rocket or any 6500c3 is tough to beat. Good luck.