Ambassadeur 6600CL ROCKET Casting Reel.

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by butlersbeagles, May 22, 2006.

1. butlersbeagles

butlersbeagles New Member

State:
    Ohio
  2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    I had one, rocket 66, used it for 3 months. I was not impress with it, shad tank slid over and done a nummer on clicker side, so its on shelf.
    bought at walmart, iam leary of walmart, seems they can get companys to make things cheaper, do to their, buying power,back to reel, has two bearings, and like i said was not impressed, I would buy a c3, before, the rocket. I personaly, like 7000, better for cats, This is just my opion.
    Their is a lot of good reels out their now.

3. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I have had one for a few years and use it on the Missi river in fairly rough tough spots and it has really done well for me. I have used it for snagging which requires a lot of casting/retrieving and the large fish in the tailwater are a test for the drag system - no problems. I also like the fact that you can upgrade the drag washers and bearings if needed in the future. There is a member "abu" who has posted great upgrade information. So, I'ld get the rocket for cat fishing. When I need more line capacity, I go to powerpro or one of the other small braids, but that is only needed in special situations. Hannibal Mike