ambassadeur 6600 cb

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by FATDAD, Jun 19, 2009.

1. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    any body heard or used this reel?

2. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Charles, could that be a 6600BCX?

3. big riggin' younggun

big riggin' younggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    for whatever reason, 7000 c3s

4. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    the reel looks just like my 6600 orange rocket thumbbar reel but it is red. it is a special edition for cabelas. the have them in the bargin cave for 54.00 reg price 94.00 just orderd 2

5. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Hmm- sounds like a bargain to me. At least now I know what the CB stands for. But if they are like the rockets, might have to check out the bargain cave myself!

6. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a couple of them that came on King Kat Combos that I bought a few years ago. The ones I have have a faster gear ratio than a C3 and, in my opinion, are not made as well as a C3. My 6500 C3's are hands down better reals than the CB's. I still have them, and they have not given me any real trouble. Nevertheless, they seem to lack to lack the strength of a C3. I hooked a 5 lb striper on the Cumberland, and I had some trouble getting it in. That would not have happened with a C3.

7. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    The 6600 CB has a 6.3:1 ratio compared to the 6500 C3's 5.3:1.

Jeff, do you think a lower gear ratio would have made a difference, or do you think there is a significant difference on the quality or tolerances of the parts between the CB and C3? For the few bucks it would cost to lower the gear ratio on these reels, that might make these reels a really good value for the price. Assuming the issue is strictly gear ratio, and not an issue of poor quality or loose tolerances.

8. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I wish I could answer your question. The reel does not have the torque of the C3. Why, I don't know. Also the clicker is a little weaker than the C3. I probably wouldn't buy it again at the full price, but it is probably easily worth the $49 or so that cabelas wants for them now. I think the new C3's are over $90.

9. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    yes i have three of them 2 of them came on 9' king kat rods. they havent gave me any problems yet i have caught some pretty good size fish on them. i dont really horse fish in though either. i like these reels alot