Ambassadeur 6000

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by CatMaster23, Jul 8, 2007.

1. CatMaster23

CatMaster23 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    What is the biggest cat i could catch on an AMBASSADEUR 6000.

Also what would be an Ideal Rod for it?

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I've caught a 18lb channel with my Garcia 6501C3. I'm sure you could probably catch one much bigger than that. I use 2 Garcia reels,with both paired up with 2 Work Horse rods also made by Abu Garcia.:0a23:

3. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I think it was the Georgia state record Flathead, 83#? It was caught on a wally world, Berkley lightning rod and 6000 combo.
    Chip

4. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Hey bro, if you set the drag its all good!!!! and i have mine on ulgy stixs!!

5. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    I have two of these reels, one is on the Berkley rod as mentioned above and the other is on a 7' Ugly cat. I like both setups and the reels seem to be doing very good on them too.

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've got several of them as well. I have 2 of them on 9' heavy action rods that I use for bankfishing in the river. The reels both carry 20 lb. berkley big game line usually, and if the drag's set correctly..... I can handle some pretty decent fish. :cool2: I recently took one of these reels to Alaska with me and caught several 20-25 lb king salmon on it, with 40 lb. big game line. The reels can handle most anything you throw at them in freshwater, the trick is matching them up with the type of line and rod that you will need and having rod/reel/line come together to work for you.

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You can catch as big a catfish on that rod as you can get to bite the bait!LMAO!!!!!!!!! Trust me, it'll handle about any fish you can get on there.

8. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    6600 C4 and it works great. I havent caught anything real big ,but I caught a 15 lb flathead and had no trouble.

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The 6000 ABU will work good for any size catfish in the USA.