Ambassadeur 6000 line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by CatMaster23, Jul 8, 2007.

1. CatMaster23

CatMaster23 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    How big of a line do i need to put on my ambassadeur 6000

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    30# mono should do you fine.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use 20lb mono on my Ambassadeur 6000.

4. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I use sffix seige in 25# test on my reel its tough as nails and has a smaller diameter than alot of lines in this test range so you dont lose a great deal of capacity , i feel that if you feel the need to go heavier you could , i have never heard of a cat going off on a reel smoking run , and i am going to go out on a limb and assume that you wont be over taxing your gear if you need heavier you might want to go with heavier gear all around . I would rather bump up and have heavier tackle when needed than risk damaging a good combo by asking it to perform beyond it intended capabilities but that would be you call ultimately .

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Line size depends on the area your fishing and the size/type of fish you are targeting.20# for channels and maybe 30# for blues and flatties. Some brands to look at might be Berkley Big Game. Suffix or Cajon Red.:big_smile:

6. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I use 15# big game on one 6000 and 20 # cajun on my other one. Never had any problems and they cast farther than 30# and up.

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would go with 30lb cajun red line that stuff is the bomb

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I just stepped up to 30 on my 6500's and could go to 40 if need be. 30 should be good for a 6000.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I run 65# braided PowerPro on my 6600's. It's equal to 20# test mono diameter. I like it because it doesn't have the stretch mono does and it's tough stuff. It's expensive, but I've got a couple rods that have had the same line on them for 2 years now. Good Luck!

Branden

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I don;t know enough about the reel to help you with the line.Reels normally come with instructions that tell you what line they are designed for.I do agree with the overall statement and have fished that way for 50+ years.People are the cause of most broken rods,reels and lines.The ones that blame the fish and gear have learned nothing except how to do it again.The proper gear set up right will survive any size fish no matter how light the rig is.If a huge fish cannot spool your rig and break off without damaging it,something is wrong.I have lost count of the times this had has happened with my saltwater and Ultra Lite fresh water gear.I re spool and go on fishing for years.Damaging gear while trying to bring in a fish with the wrong gear is deliberate destruction of that gear,though few will admit it.I will not loan someone like that my gear.They will just destroy it to,and have done so till I learned.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

11. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    i use cajun red 40lb line on mine and no problems at all. its a heck of a winch when bringin in the big boys!

12. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I'm using 20# Cajun Red on mine. Most of the folks will tell ya it's all in the drag....but I think a heavier rated line is easier for a novice to use for the baitcasters, ie Me. LOL Know a lot a fellas use 15 or 17, but they have much more experience than me, an catch a lot bigger fish than me.

13. sclariat

sclariat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I know an awful lot of the guides on Santee-Cooper lakes use 40 lb. test and 80 lb. test as a leader. I think most of it has to do with not wanting their clients to lose the big one due to breakage even though there are a lot of stumps and trees to to cause abrasions when drifting.

14. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i got twenty on my setup... where about in ky you fishin?

15. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just got my 6600 C4 a few days ago at Bass Pro. They loaded it free with their Excel mono. I got 17 lb. test.

I also got me an Ugly Stik at Academy Sports last week. They had marked them down to half price.

drd

16. Kentucky_Cat_Hunter

Kentucky_Cat_Hunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Like a bunch of other folks have stated, I have 20# cajun red on my 6600. I have 17# cajun red on my 5600. I read a lot of reviews by users here who liked the cajun red so I decided to give it a try and I love it.

17. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i use nothing bigger than 17lb stren on my 6500s. This seems to be a much better casting line for me.
    I want to try some power pro one one of them but i hate to drop any money on a product that is unproven to me on bait casters