ambassadeur 6000 bait clicker?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by bulethed, Sep 13, 2008.

1. bulethed

bulethed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    does anyone know if it is possible to change the tension on the bait clicker?
    on the river where i fish the current pulls the line out with my clickers on:embarassed:
    is it possible to make it about twice as hard for the line to feed out with the clicker on? ...........i have about 5 or 6 of em and i never have taken one apart, yet!...........a stiffer spring some where would seem to be in order.

thanks in advance............bill.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Can't give you an answer to that cause i have the same problem.
    So 'll just say a GREAT BIG :0a25:!! Happy to see you joining us. I'm sure someone will have the answer for U.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Some folks say you can adjust the springs making it harder the spool to rotate, but, being a pessimist, I'd say you stand an awfully good chance of ruining the reel. What I do is to back the drag off to the point it will hold in the current, then set the clicker. You just gotta remember to adjust the drag as you get the fish on. LOL

4. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thats what i do too when my clicker wont hold while drifting, just loosen the drag and let it do the work.

5. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Somewhere on either here or some place I've been on the web they put another piece in to make it louder. I know I copied it. Will try to find it.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    you can either tighten the cast control knob or like others have said leave the spool in gear and loosen the drag.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah,what he said. Thats what I do,Works great.

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I've noticed some of my baitcasters have lighter clickers than others, so I use different ones in different currents, or with large aggresive baits,, I don't like to have them engaged with the drag light.. but, will if I need to.

9. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
  10. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Adjust the cast control knob on the right side.