AMBASSADEUR 5500C3 & 6' 6" bionic blade rod

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by HARVRAD2003, Feb 22, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Went to walmart last night and noticed that they had a 5500c3 and a bionic blade rod for 54.00 on clearance. I normally buy my rods and reels either from bass pro or ebay so I was wondering is this a good setup for small cats or should I save my money and get something better at basspro. I already have plenty of big reels on tiger rods--just looking for a good setup for 1-10 pound cats. Never used bionic blade rods so I am a little concerned, however I did notice that the 5500 c3s went for around 56.00 at walmart so I figure that might at least be a good deal. Any help would be advised.

2. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    the 5500 should be able to handle most channel cats and smaller cats that you speak of. I have never used a bionic blade.Can't say anything about it either way.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It sounds like a fairly balanced rig. Wally world does sell less expensive merchandise than most sporting good stores. But compare their price on Abu Garcia reels with Bass Pro and Academy. You'll buy at wal-mart. One thing I will comment on is my humble opinion that Bass Pro is definetly overpriced on most of their fishing equipment. Compare an item between Bass Pro and Academy. You'll see what I am talking about.