Ambassadeur 5500 C3

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by sds888, Jun 25, 2006.

1. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    A guy down at the flea market sells these for 30.00 dollars they look new. Is this a good price and are these good for catfish? he also has ugly sticks for $10.00 already bought a few of those from him thanks
    stephen

2. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    i u se a 5500 ultra cast for channel cats seems to work great for me

3. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    At that price they are great. I dont think they have a clicker though do they? If you used a float or tightlined they would do just fine. I think that would have to be one of the top channel cat outfits around.

4. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    What length are the Uglys? Ten bucks is pretty cheap if they're in good shape. I'd buy a couple medium heavy 7ft. at that price to have just in case. I've never had my 5500 on anything over 10lbs. so I can't say much except it did fine. I put the heavy's on my Penn 209's.
    Don

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

guys please don't get on me but I have a 5500 and 4500 that i use when I go Bass fishing and they work great. I have caught bass up to 12 lbs using those reels and they handled pretty good, but bass ain't catfish.

6. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I've had this one 5500 c3 for a few years now, and its been a fine reel, I can't think of a single problem. It is a bit small for larger fish, the largest that I could handle easily was a 10lb channel.

7. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    Thanks for the replies. His ugly sticks look brand new and he has every size and shape depending on the weekend. Thanks for the information on the reels I will have see what he has in the bigger class of reels. I guess it also depends on how you fight the fish I have caught 20lb catfish on a zebco33 and 10lb catfish on a cane pole. But I will see what he has in the larger size and see what he wants for them.

8. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Under "most" circumstances, the 5500 will serve you just as well as the 6500 or 7000

9. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    John, Thats the truth, I have a lot of 5500,6000,6500, some old some new, and I've never had any problems with them, use them then clean them.......steve