Ambassadeur 550?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by kycatman01, Jul 25, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i may buy a ambassadeur 550 from a guy on ebay. does anyone know anything about them. what size ambassadeur are they equal to?

2. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Do you mean a 5500? I have a 5500C Syncro drag and love it. I won it at a company picnic yrs ago matched with an ugly stick. It is one tough reel so far. Unless you regularly catch "monsters" I wouldn't give it a second thought. Of course if it is the 550 then I don't know anything about that one. Good Luck either way you go.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    There is an abu 550 reel. I have one around here someplace, just can't find it right now...lol. It is a standard abu type reel...should work. Suggest you try the abu website for detailed info.

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Be careful about the pricing for that reel. Take a look at Wal Mart and price the Abu's there. If its a used reel and he wants more than $35 or so for it, I'd go get me a new one. Much less likely hassle. Of course, I'm a see it, hold it, play with kind of guy when it comes to fishing reels and rods.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think the value of a 550 would be for a collector. But, the man's right...check your local prices before you go to ebay. Figure out the price of your bid, shipping and handling. Lots of times ebay is a lot more expensive than you think. There is good buys on it also, but you have to keep your eyes open.