Ambassadeur 5000 ONE

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by bigken, Mar 11, 2006.

1. bigken

bigken New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was wondering in the BOC library there is an excellent post from Jeremy on disassembly, lubing, and reassembly of a 6500 CL3 reel. I was wondering is something available for a 5000 ONE like that or maybe some tips from someone with knowledge of that particular reel. The problem I noticed was some time the reel cranks(reel in)smoother than others . When I payed attention to what was going on I noticed that the button on the side that engages the spool when pushed in didn't seem to pop back out all the way and that is when the crank did not seem smooth. I was thinking of cleaning, lubing and inspecting it for problems. Any tips or comments on what may be going on or how to proceed?

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    all the smaller ambassadors are made the same, (4600-6500) except fpr the frame and spool size, and you can take it appart just like the post shows in the library. as far as your button goes, i had this problem a couple times on my reels and it turned out to be the button had hit something and it got slightly bent. try lubing it first and then if you want, try to straighten it out. those buttons are tricky and it might take a while to get it bent right.

3. bigken

bigken New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the reply dinkbuster1. I'm gonna get it apart and check it out this weekend.

4. bigken

bigken New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well it's finally done. I took apart my 5000 ONE cleaned it, lubed it and reassembled it. I was a little nervous and slow trying to be careful to make sure I was paying attention. It was very dry looking so after brushing it clean I greased gears and oiled bearings. Dinkbuster1 the pushbutton did not seem bent but it sure seems to reel smooth now. Thanks for all the info thruout BOC website and keep helping rookies like myself.