Amazing Fish

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by TA2D, Feb 12, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    This link has some unusual fish on it check it out, maybe some members could submit their strange and unusual catfish to this page

http://www.sdafs.org/laafs/AmazingFish.htm

If the link isn't working right copy and paste into the address bar

TA2D

2. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    those are pretty cool pictues, thanks for sharing

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Some crazy lookin' fish. Some have been caught where I fish. I've never seen these pics, thanks for sharing.

4. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    over the last few years ive caught several of those crooked tail shad in my throw net

5. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    I want that 12lb Rainbow on the end of my line.

6. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks for the site! I'm sure that it'll come in useful one of these days!:)

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    those were some pretty cool pictures, thanks for the link.

8. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I've caught a few crooked bass before, but that redfish with no tail was amazing.

9. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Neat fish, that fellow with the rainbow trout looks happy and drunk!.:p

10. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Have you ever heard the expression..."Drunk as cooter Brown"? Meet Mr. Brown...LMAO!

A 12.5 lb is a VERY nice Rainbow trout...but I can't figure out what's so amazing about it. It appears to be normal...yet it's pictured among a fish freak show?

I was fishing Lake Taneycomo in Missouri one time under the highway bridge...when this kid came up, and started fishing right next to me. He casted right over my line...causing me to have to reel in. He said "sorry"...I wasn't upset...I knew he was just a kid....so I just blew it off

But what happened next...I couldn't believe. He was there for 10 minutes...fishing with whole kernel corn straight from the can. He gets a bite...and lo' and behold reels in a 14 lb rainbow trout! I helped him land it...I even helped him weigh it...but my jaw was on the ground. I couldn't believe it!!! At the time...that was the biggest trout I had ever seen.

It didn't dawn on me until he rode away on his bicycle...toting his HUGE trout in his lap...with the stringer tied around his neck...that when he casted over my line...I reeled in...and he caught that fish in the same damn spot I was fishing!!! :cursing:

Oh well...he'll probably remember that fish his whole life. But the bad thing is...I won't forget it either...Lol.

11. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
  12. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska