AM or PM

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by deepwoods, Nov 20, 2009.

1. deepwoods

deepwoods New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I am a die hard morning fisherman but I was wondering when the water temp starts to drop and the fish get more active (like right now) is there a point in the afternoon that could be as productive as the first 3 hours of light?

I was curious if anyone has better luck as it cools off in the afternoon.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jeff, I'm finding the best bite to be between 9 AM and 11 AM. I have never done very well in the late afternoon in the fall, summer or winter.

3. rellis

rellis New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    The few times in last to weeks that I didnt have to be at work at the crack of dawn I have found that I have had best luck from bout 7-9am. I havent fished much passed that time due to work but I have not been getting much in the mid evening time like i was a month or 2 ago.

4. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The morning hours have been the most productive for both numbers and quality of fish for me.

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jeff, I tried the afternoon bite yesterday. Fished from 2:45 PM to sunset and caught five blues, largest 14+ pounds and several small channel cats. My buddy Cliff went perch fishing around 1:30 PM and caught several small ones and put two of them on his catfish rigs and continued perch fishing. It was not long before one of the live perch rigs bent over towards the water and Cliff had himself a 27 pound flathead.

6. deepwoods

deepwoods New Member

State:
    north carolina
    If the rain holds off I am going to give one or two of my striper spots a try later this afternoon. I went out later yesterday afternoon and found a school of perch up in the channel by the last island before the bridge. I picked up 15 all on sabiki rigs / worms, so I am now baited up. The water was as still as it is at day light which made a very enjoyable afternoon.

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I like the am better

8. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I fished from just around sunset til 4:00 a.m at Badin both Friday and Saturday this weekend with not very good results. Never fished for any in the A.M. After reading this post and the responses looks like I'm switching to A.M.

9. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    Afternoon yields better results for me. Times 2:30 to 8:00.

10. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Mainly in the morning is when I have the most luck. On overcast days with little wind they bite all day. My recent streak has been on days with mostly to completely cloudy mornings.

11. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Yes we have had a good afternoon bite the last month.