Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by johnliester, Jun 29, 2008.

1. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    I've been a member on here for a while now and I just don't see anyone else from this part of the state on here. No one ever talks about Sheridan Lake, Antelope, Sebelious, Webster, Waconda, Cedar Bluffs. Too bad really because we have a ton of cats out here all to ourselves!!!! LAst Night at Sebelious my son caught a flathead. Not unusual except on a nightcrawler? Weighed right at 7 pounds. I got a 6 lb wiper, and a small drum. We small sunfish as bait on several rods with no effect. Eveything wanted crawlers. I was surprised.

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i have never heard of any of those palces you must be a long ways from me

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Any camping and shore fishing at any of those lakes? If so, you might have a visitor.:wink:

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    John , that is a long haul from me, or else Id come fish with ya.:big_smile:

5. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I used to fish Waconda (Glen Elder) all the time when I was younger. I now live about 30 miles closer to Milford than Glen Elder so that's where I fish mostly. But I would be up for a day or night of fishing there again sometime. I never fished the lake much, but used to practically live in the spillway at night.

6. johnliester

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Catfish Fever, there's all kinds of primitive camping. The bigger lakes have state parks and hookups for trailers and motor homes and such. The smaller lakes don't have hookups,but you can pretty well set up shop wherever you want.
    For the last 5 years all of my fishing has been shoreline only. I have a boat, but nothing in good enough shape to pull it up the ramps. I'm just a poor boy out here, lol. However, if 10+ lb cats and wipers get your attention, give me a shout. My last trip to Antelope last season resulted in two channels. An 11 pounder, and a 19. Plus a few really nice saugeyes liked my nightcrawlers too!!! If you're interested, give me a shout, JOhn.

7. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Used to go out to Glen Elder at least once a year in the 70's and80's with the 'ol man,granpa, and brother crappie fishing and setting lines. Caught lots of crappies and cats, I can remember 3 crappie over 3 pounds before the '93 flood wiped out the habitat. Good times

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey John! I've been to Sebelius (Norton Res.) once. Nice lake. Would like to go there again for the Wiper fishing and the Cats too!! I have a friend from Elwood, Neb. that likes to travel down to Webster Res. for the Crappie fishing in the springtime!! Thanks for your post. Kansas has some awesome lakes!!:wink:

Thanks.
    Mark..

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    John, when the Frau and me get ready to travel, I'll sure give you a holler for your recommendation. If I get my generator fixed, primitive would be okay, but if it'll be hot, she needs the air due to health.
    Shore fishing would be fine too, the closer to the camper, the better:smile2:

10. johnliester

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    How does right outside the camper sound?