Am I the only ONE??

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Texas Trapper, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Texas Trapper

Texas Trapper New Member

State:
    Texas
    I love to fish. I will fish for anything that I can catch from perch to sea bass. I love to catch big catfish on R/R and if they are over 10lbs. they go back after the picture.

All my children and grand-children say that I fry fish better than anyone else.

Now for the "kicker"

I DON'T LIKE TO EAT FISH

Am I weird or what?????:eek:oooh:

2. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I love fishing for anything too. although i am allergic to fish i can't eat any of it.

3. Texas Trapper

Texas Trapper New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry about the allergies.

I never waste the fish I catch. If all the kids have fish in the freezer, I give them to someone I run into on the lake, Or I have a list of families that like fish and some that can really use the meat.:smile2:

4. skip

skip New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dexter
    I have not talked to you in nearly 40 years. We used to fish together in Wichita Falls . My names is Aubrey Evans. I tried to find your phone number a couple of years ago. I talked to your Dad but he did not no your number. I still live in Tyler been here for 38 years. Good to see your OK.
    Aubrey

5. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Actually, I dont eat fish either. When i was in high school, i worked at a cafe and every Friday nite, i got stuck on the fryer, frying the catfish for the Buffet. After 3 years of doing this, I cant stand to eat fish. If I want fish, i get it from Long John Silvers. I fish for the Sport, Relaxation, and because I enjoy it.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont think your weird there is actually alot of people that dont like eating fish, but im not one of them, I love eating all types of fish, bluegill is my favorite, and catfish is my 2nd, even if ya do catch least ya got some family that likes to eat them that always is a good help.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    welcome to the boc aunrey and dexter!

my buddy travis lives and loves to fish, but hates to eat it.

8. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    I don't eat any fish or seafood either. I want to like it, and try it from time to time, but the thought of eating something that grew and lives in the water repulses me.

I sure do like catchin' them though! Yee Haw!

9. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    i got a uncle back home in wyoming with a cabin on the lake and a nice boat for walleye fishin and he ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT eaT fish yet he spends as much money and time fishin walleyes as more tournament bass fishermen do

10. Texas Trapper

Texas Trapper New Member

State:
    Texas
    Skip, I don't think I could ever forget you or the good times we use to have in our floaters tossing plastic worms in the Old Bowie Lake. I really don't fish for bass any more since I discovered how much fun it is to catch 10 and 12 pound catfish in shallow water. My phone 940 636 2141. Call any time it's always in my pocket.

11. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now isn't this a kick! Two old friends that haven't seen each other in 40 yrs meeting again here on the site. True brotherhood

12. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Wow, that is a kick. The internet is a remarkable communication device...

I also have never met a seafood I didn't like...

13. LoneStarCatter

LoneStarCatter New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have seen many people that don't care to eat their catch. I had a neighbor a few years ago that loved to hunt and fish, even loved to go out and help us get oysters, but wouldn't eat a bite of any of it. I got a lot of deer, hogs, and fish for free. To tell you the truth, I wish more people I knew didn't eat what they caught, I'd gladly take it off their hands!

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ya'll should seek help soon. They have classes for those who don't eat fish. It's across the hall from the class for those who don't fish.:smile2:

15. Texas Trapper

Texas Trapper New Member

State:
    Texas
    yep sometime I do need help-------------------------------------with the net:go:

16. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    So Trapper.....did you ever make contact with Aubry? Just curious after 40 years.
    wildturkey

17. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I have a friend that used to be over weight and decided to eat only the things that it says in the Old Testament that your supposed to eat.... ever since then he won't eat catfish, shrimp, oysters, lobsters or anything that doesn't have scales.... so I get all that he doesn't eat:big_smile::wink::big_smile:!!! He still likes to fish for the fun of it but don't let him near a plate of fried crappie or perch and Frank's hot sauce.... OOOOWWEEE!!! Your talking about we'll hurt ourselves!!!:wink: By the way he lost a total of 120# so I really can't blame him!! I'll eat his share though!!!LOL!!!

18. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Wouldn't hurt my feelings to eat fish 2 maybe 3 times... a day :)