Am I the only one that gets hit with Spam for different stocks?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Love Them Cats, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I don't know what the deal is, but I spend more time trying to figure out what is Spam, then I do trying to run my online business?

When I go to check my email, I might have 50 emails, but only one that isn't Spam?:sad2:
    I don't know which ones are good until I go through all of them?

I run a few different web sites and I can't find much time to work on them because of all the Spam, and most of it is for some stocks?

I've never invested in stocks or even visited web sites that deal with stocks, so I don't know why I am receiving so much of this junk?:crazy:

Am I the only one, or is anyone else having this problem?

Ken

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

They hit everything they can. There is even a new law on the books that says it is ok for debt collectors to call you on your cell phone, like thats gonna help people save money to pay bills. Anyway you can mark the emails spam and your blocker will start blocking them out. I usually send a very "nice" email back to them in return as well if there is not a link to "remove me from list" link.

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I get stock reports too. I mark them as spam but they seem to come back with a different name at the same address. So they get spammed too.

One son works for Dell in Austin and the other is a programmer for a large firm down there too. Both have told me if you click on the "Remove from mailing list", it lets the company or business know that yours is a active address and will just keep on sending spam mail to you. So with that in mind I don't even open mail with an unknown address as that can be traced too from what I understand. Sort of like sending one of those e-mail birthday cards and checking the box that lets you know when recipient opens the card.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I would guess that somewhere along the line while surfing, or downloading something you have clicked the box I would like future things sent to me, or expressed business as an interest to you in a survey. Also if you visit a place they could have a thingamabob embedded into your puter that says you frequent a certain type of site and thus similar type places or the If you liked this you will love this type of deal.