am i the only nickajack fisherman lately?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by trippyclwn, Oct 4, 2005.

1. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i was just wondering why people dont really post anything about nickajack anymore? i havent had time to go but it would be nice to hear some success stories and locations where you fish down there. and who knows maybe we can have a get together just for the boc not a gathering but just a fishing trip so we can meet everybody around town? let me know what your input is and thanks yall!

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    There is not much going on there or on a lot of other rivers and lakes. Guessing the Fuel prices are keeping a lot of people off the water. :sad:
    I had thought about going at Pickwick in the morning. But at $3.49 per gallon on diesel and $3.00 per gallon on gas. I can't see spending $20 to go tomorrow. :cursing:
    But do hope to make a trip over and fish Nickajack sometime this fall. :D
    Pete

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Judy and I are fixin to get our boat water ready here soon so we can do some fall fishing and camping, hopefully. We are due a fishing trip. Maybe we will see you down at Nickajack later in the fall, Tracey.

Pete ole buddy, the price of fuel is about the same over here right now. It has sure put a damper on a bunch of our going anywhere. :eek:

4. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    thanks guys lol i was almost feeling like the only person who posted about "the jack" lol shiloh were you talking about taking your boat out or bankfishing? ill bankfish with either of you anytime i can i am starting my vacation on sunday so saturday night is MY night to fish for a while and i'll be able to talk my brother into going too lol it will be fun to have a little time for myself for once lol i have kids going everywhere and in every sport going on right now and between that and school the trippy taxi is always on the road lately lol
    have fun guys

5. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Hey Tracey, Jim, Judy, Pete, and Marilyn. I haven't been fishing since the Chattanooga gathering, but I hope to get a little fall fishing action. Good to see you all and hope to have more time for chatting and fishing in the near future.

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    trippy WE will have our boat when we get to make it over that way. Looks like it will be me and my wife and jim and judy fishing out of it. That is if we don't use Maw judy for bait...LOL

Scootman. Sounds like you need to get out and fish more..LOL
    Pete

7. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    very good pete and tell me something I don't already know LOL. Hey its a tough life just be glad it ain't hard on me.

8. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Well everyone I made a trip to nickajack yesterday, and other than the fact that I had a good time and the whole river to myself I didn't catch anything. Well that is not entirely true I caught a few bluegills for bait. I got about half dozen bites on night crawlers and then that stopped. I got two hits on small shiners (I can't hardly find large shiners around here anymore). I didn't get a single bite on the bluegills, but that was a last ditch effort after the other two quit producing anything. It was quite peaceful and a beautiful day and did my soul some good just getting away from the house. Later y'all! :D

9. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    mark i tried fishing at nickajack this morning with almost everything i could but i only got a few bites all morning in fact i have only caught one catfish this year at nickajack and that was a small one lol oh well maybe ill get lucky at catfishing soon enough down there lol