Am I seeing things???

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by derbycitycatman, May 28, 2008.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Im almost positive Ive been seeing commercials for a Kimbo fight on broadcast TV, maybe NBC? Has anyone else seen this or am I seeing things?

2. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    I haven't seen the comm. but probally. you know he fought several times a couple months ago.

3. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    He's got it right about CBS. I can't wait to see Kimbo. And Crush from American Gladiators. Hubba Hubba!:big_smile:

4. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah he is fighting for EliteXC on saturday nights, he actually has a fight coming up here soon supposedly on the 31st.

5. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    I don't keep up with that kind of fighting but you know what suprised me was he lost his first 2 matches. I guess that kinda fighting is diffrent from street fighting. Kimbo is a bad man. Go to Youtube and watch some of his street fights! God I would hate to make that man mad.:smile2::smile2::eek:oooh::embarassed:

6. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    His first two matches in what? He is 7-1 for street fights and 3-0 in his Career MMA record.

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for posting this, I would have missed it!!! :cool2:

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Well, Kimbo won last night. I was less than impressed. We all knew he had heavy hands, but his ground game will get him hurt badly against a good mma fighter. He has a looooong way to go. The fella he fought just wasn't all that great, in my opinion. Kimbo still looked like a fish out of water when he was taken down.

9. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I missed that cbs card last night, anybody know how that american gladiator chick did?

10. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    She won, it was actually the best fight of the night. But she got pretty winded by the end. Kimbo looked like a joke, just proves that if he went against anybody from the ufc with talent, he'd be handled.

11. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Yeah best fight of the night was the ladies, Gina messed up that other girl good. If IM remembering right in the first fight they said that Brett Rogers? had beaten Kimbos opponent and was wanting Kimbo. It almost seems like they want to protect Kimbo for the publicity, ive never seen a ref break up a ground fight so quick to get them back on their feet, though I thought it was a good stop at the end. If Kimbo was in there with a submission guy I do believe he'd have his first loss real quick. 5 fights in 2 and a half hours?, UFC they are not. Also thought the Robbie Lawler fight was called too quick, I thought he had 5 minutes before having to make a decision.

12. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Id still love to see a brock lesnar - kimbo fight, I think Brock would destroy him, especially on the ground.

13. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I like him but he needs alot of training, I wasn't too impressed. He barely got by a very sloppy opponent. He's actually lucky they didn't stop it on him when he was saved by the bell. The true skilled heavyweights would destroy him.

14. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I women's fight was Great, they rocked! Wish they wouldn't have stopped the Lawler fight, that could have went on....

15. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I was surprised when they said Kimbos opponent had beaten don frye and a couple other guys they said were "great or good or whatever", though they could have been past their prime. It doesnt seem like guys in MMA can stay on top too long until they are past their prime and someone else takes their place.

16. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i watched the kimo fight . yes hes sloopy , not very skilled. but i think hes only problem if age. hes to old . he will never have the stamina to make a bigger carer out of this. if he was young . yes. i think he has the tools . to LEARN the right skills . hes got the heart and ppower. i mean hes trying . but he will fade fast

17. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thought the same thing.

18. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
  19. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree, I think Lesnar could eat Kimbo for breakfast and still be hungry.:tounge_out: I think one big factor in this fight is that Kimbo had somebody who was bigger and stronger than him, so he couldnt just manhandle thompson like he has everybody else.