AM I RIGHT

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by KATTERMAN, Aug 20, 2009.

1. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    need to know if i am thinking right,i fish a small river that has flatheads,hav'nt been having much luck in the last month of fishing i have caught 3 ,one 16 lb,two 3 lbs i have been fishing from about 7 pm to 11 pm three two or three times a week,we have got some good rain the last couple of days and the river is up and has strong current,i know where a big creek runs into the river when the river gets up it should back up into the creek and would be very little current,i am thinking that alot bait fish would get out the current here in this slack water in the creek and flatheads would be there for bait fish am i thinking right,i will have to find out who owns the land and get permminsion to go there is reason i am asking no need to go thru all that and drive 30 miles if i am not thinking right thanks for any help

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Most definitely sounds like a good place to try it. I love fishing feeder creeks, especially when the water is up.
    Good Luck and let us know how you do!:cool2:

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sounded like a good place to get the lines wet. I'd give it a shot. Let us know how it turns out.

4. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'd give it a shot, if somebody asks you if you have permission just say you thought it was public land and then look into who owns it. That's what I'd do at least.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Just a idea for ya, but try to fish a different time slot. They could come to that area but possibly towards the morning hours instead.

Hope ya find em ; )

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes the flatties should be after them baitfish if they are both stocked in the creek.

7. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky

.....yea and every other fish as well will be up in there, not just flatheads.....

8. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    thank you guys for the input sounds like i better get busy and try to get permission to fish that spot.the river has'nt came up yet there but it will by tomarrow,will let you know how is goes thanks again

9. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    i could'nt get permission to go in the feeder creek it was indian land,so i just went were at my normal place and fish right at the edge of river in 5' water caught a 9lb flat and a 10lb channel,there is another feeder creek down river that i was planning on going to. someone told me this spring when river got up and back up into and then the river went back down some guys found 7 flats weighing 30 to 50 lb stuck in the little creek and got them out by hand they were diving around showing them off,it kills me they kept them all but thats there right,but i am not going to get to go the tranny on by truck is broke time i get it fix river will have gone back dn looking forward to another good rain

10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Find u a buddy with a boat and get to the creek mouth... if i lived near ya we would be there now!!:smile2:

11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sorry it all didn't work out for ya Roger. You keep at em,,,you'll get them,,,I just know ya will ; )

I say there are some bigger flats right where you are fishing already. Find the "special bit time " and you'll be sporting a new avatar before ya know it.

g'luck
    -Jim-