Am I just spoiled

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by superman, Nov 11, 2006.

1. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    question for all the bass fishermen out there i just got off the phone with a friend of mine and he was bragging that he caught two 2 pound smallies today to me that is nothing i have a small creek that runs behind my house and couple weeks ago i caught about 20 smallies from one pound to 5.1 was the biggest ( always carry my scale ) so i was wondering is spending 5 or 6 hours on a lake to catch 2 fish normal or is what i pull out of my creek the norm i am not an avid bass fisherman i only do it about three times a year so i was just curious thanks for any info

2. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    you are spoiled rotten sounds like ya got a nice fishing hole probly a good thing you dont over fish it

3. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    it has a 10 acre lake feeding it me my two brothers and dad are the only ones who have fished it in about 10 years and every thing gets thrown back exept the smaller gills that are used as bait

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You're a lucky man brother!:big_smile:

5. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    yea u r very spoiled....where was that fishing hole again? :haha:

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    If you posted telling me that you were catching 1-5lb cats in your back yard I would tell you that you were spoiled. But, since you are catching b@$$ I can't bring myself to say it...

I would however agree that fishing a lake all day for 2 fish is not a good day. I have fished a river many of times without catching anything... but generally when I think of lake fishing I usually do better then that!

Let him brag though, maybe some day we can convert him to a catfisherman!!!!

It is always great when we hear stories of people enjoying the great outdoors!