Am i finally earning my uncles respect of the outdoors?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flatheadchris, Aug 18, 2006.

1. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    well im 17,ive been crazy for hunting and fishing since i was young[around 8] well since then ive begged my uncle billions of times to take me fishing or hunting,well in the last 4-5 monthes my uncle finnaly took me fishing after 8 years of beggin.well he told me he was going to teach me everything he knows,well heres the thing,to find out i know more than he does! hes been fishing for years since he was a kid[hes 34 now].but to find out i know alote more than him.im not braggin but its just the honest truth.Since i was little all ever did was read books,studied about fishing and etc.he admitted for years he didnt take me because he didnt feel like babysitting me when it comes to fishing...but now hes starting to call more inviting me,he calls and asks simple catfishing questions,do u think ive finnaly earned my respect from him when it comes to the outdoors?

2. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    It does'nt matter when it happens ,as long as it happens . Its good you have learn'd as much as you have ,but let an old man feel like he is making a difference. We all have regrets in our life the difference between people is whether they try to make things right. Better late than never . Enjoy yourself , your uncle will.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    if you havent already im sure you will! this is my first year back fishing in years and just from being on here and talking to people and asking lots of questions ive learned so much it amazes me lol.

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    seems like you have earned his respect. my brothers are about 15+ years older than me. i used to beg them to take me but they wouldn't. i think it is the whole babysitting thing(just like what you were saying). now that i am older they still won't go. now, i believe that they think that i will out fish them. which they are probably right, lol. so, you better take it easy on him or you may wear your welcome out like i did. good luck!!

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sometimes,Adults just want to get away by themselves and relax,so while he was doing that you had your nose in the books and have been learning and absorbing this information.Yes I think you have finally earned his respect.We adults(at least me anyway) am very proud of our children,wheather it's nieces and nephews or own kids when they display their education and learning aptitudes in front of us.I say keep going when you can and keep reading and studying the more you know from the books maybe the more notice he will give you and you both will enjoy each others company-------pk powell:smile2:

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

It sounds like you got it to me....Put him on a 25 plus pound cat and he will be begging you to take him fishing..LMAO

7. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    ive already outfished him twice,he swore on the bible lol that u can catch 40lb flatheads on liver,we went fishing last monday all night,i cought a 44lb flatty on cutbait and he didnt catch a thing.

i havent bragged or said anything around him to make him sound stupid,im keeping this to myself.

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If not it sound like your on the right track..... Good to see that the two of you can share a common intrest... my uncles are total wack jobs... well my whole family for that matter.... Now go showem what the big ones look like

9. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    It's great that your uncle has finally come around & decided you're old enough to fish with. You've shown him just how mature you really are by not rubbing his nose in your successful fishing trips with him!
    reps to you!
    Lisa

10. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Can't say it better. You'll earn his respect by giving it.