Aluminum Cleaning

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by draghook, Nov 14, 2005.

1. draghook

draghook New Member

State:
    Shawsville Va
    I recently read about a product called Toon Brite for cleaning the runners
    on a pontoon my question will it hurt the carpet on my trailer runners
    can't seem to find any information on the can? Thanks :confused:

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have seen the product used but have not observed reaction with carpet.There should be a point of contact for the product manufacturer on the can.Go to that website or call and ask directly or request a copy of the MSDS which will give you a detailed list of cautions.

3. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Draghook,I havn't used toon brite before but used Fleet Brite on a buddy's pontoon boat.We applied it with a cheap pump up sprayer.This stuff just rinses off with water and it looked like new.We did this last summer and it did take 2 or 3 applications to get the river scumm off.Never hurt the carpet.Make sure to rinse your sprayer very,very good or it may never work again!Hope this helps

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey draghook, You might check out a product called R.A.M. this this is safe to use on just about everything. I cleaned an old Jon boat with it that had sit outside uncovered for about 5 years. It had tree sap, bird poop, and black stains all over it. Ram got rid of all the mess and brought the paint back even. I use this thuff for degreesing and de-staining (red dirt) dirtbike motors, and cleaning the inside of the pickup, carpets also. You can even use it in dog kennels. Sounds like a wonder product and it really does work. Kinda high priced but it mixes with water and a qt. will go a very long way.

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Save your money I use half white Vingar and half water works great.

6. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I have used Toon Brite and it didn't harm the carpet on my runners. The stuff works real good. I would use a plastic windshield ice scraper to scrape off the thick stuff and then spray it down with Toon Brite, let it set a while, but don't let it dry, and then rinse off with a hose. Works great. The jug comes filled about 2/3 full. Fill it the rest of the way with water before spraying it on.

7. draghook

draghook New Member

State:
    Shawsville Va
    Thanks to all of you for replying. :)