Aluminum Center Console

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Koon, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Anyone have any ideas of where I can get an aluminum center console for a pontoon project I'm working on.

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Might find a salvage boat yard and get one there if there is any around. I've noticed a outboard repair shop on the way to Mtn Home (Norfork Lake area) with lots of junked boats all over their yard. Never noticed any pontoons there but never actually paid that much attention. Will look next time I'm over that way.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Maybe you can call seaark and see if you can just order there center console.

4. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sea Ark has been the best so far with this... just like to check out other options if they are out there.

5. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    there are some nice PVC consoles that will last much longer than the plywood consoles. there are alot of options if you want durability. but if you want aluminum not sure where to get that.

6. KNOTHEAD

KNOTHEAD New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Try doing a search for (do-it your-self-pontoon boats) on the internet!Most of these sites carry accesories like furniture and consoles sold seperatly from there kits!

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Build your own center console out of plywood or whatever. You can get the steering wheel and gizzards anywhere. Anyone with basic building skills can do one. Then you can either paint it, or cover it with carpet, or fiberglass resin to get a perfectly smooth finish. Then you will have the exact size you want with room for enough cup holders, switches, gauges.and your electronics.

8. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    Replaceing console not a quick swap. it isnt cut for gauges,steering,shifter, ton of other switches,radio,fishfinder...etc. You don't want to ever do it again when your done. choose wisley because it's not an afternoon project. I bought one to small, crowded with stuf, fistful of wires. but I'm going to live with it because that job sucks. I hope this helps. I found website pontoonstuff.com and bought my decking and everything in a kit for floor, it was cheaper to buy their marine plywood and pay shipping than could pick up local. also bought my console from there.

9. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the input... rebuilt 2 other pontoons with fiberglass consoles and put in all the gauges, steering, throtle... I'm not new to this, just wanting an aluminum console this time.
    Have 3 leads now and checking on fabricators in my area also.

I really like the Sea Ark Striper Console... with the 30gal filtered baitwell, but its expensive.

10. luckycat1

luckycat1 New Member

State:
    Osage River Missouri
    I have a good one out of a model 1960 center console Lowe flatbottom. I think it has steering helm still installed, I removed most of the round gauges. Has holes cut for speedo, tach,etc.To cold to go outside to garage today , but will check it out tomorrow and take a picture. It's a good undamaged one for $40. Flat on bottom of course. Warsaw MO.

11. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    luckycat1 if it is that good I'll take it. Let me know.

12. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    sure would like to see pics if you get a chance... thanks for posting!

13. luckycat1

luckycat1 New Member

State:
    Osage River Missouri
  14. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thanks for the pics, but looking for something a bit taller.