Alumacraft Boats

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by firecat, Feb 2, 2006.

1. firecat

firecat New Member

State:
    OHIO Go Bucks
    Anybody got one or have fished or ridden in one I am researching my next boat and wanted to seriously look at this manufacturer. I saw some when I was at Cabelas in Rogers Minnesota. Sweet rides. Just wondering if anybody has one.

Larry

2. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Nope i have a tracker pro V s/c 16 foot and so far i like it bought it new in april 05. was all set up with fish finder, trolling motor and bait/live well.. Good luck with you search

3. lonegunman88240

lonegunman88240 New Member

State:
    new mexico
    i have a 14 foot alumacraft, i like it very much, quite stable and tough

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Don't know what size your looking at. But they look good. I was looking at a Tournament Pro 185 tiller but could not find one to look at so went with a different boat. It sure looked like the boat to have.
    Pete

5. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    It's not new, but I have one. 1983 15ft. nice and wide flat bottom jon and I love it. Building it up one step at a time. I think you will enjoy a new one if that's what ya want. My old one is a very well made boat.

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Larry,
    I have a 185 SC Tournament Pro. I will be at the Fish and Camp next week, you are welcome to give it a good look over if you want...W

7. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Winston,
    Bring some rags, I forgot you had one he will be drooling all over your boat, you'll need to clean off his slobbering all over it..............:grin-big:

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    If you see a redhead all over that boat don't shoot me.. LOL Theres still a chance that i may get one in a few years down the road. That boat has to ride good.
    PEte

9. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    i have the 18 foot alumacraft and will be at the camp and you are welcome to take it for a ride. they are nice boats.

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    John,
    I see an opportunity for a nice little enterprise....

An Alumacraft open house with access to not one, but two...yes two boats
    and all for just 2 easy payments of $;) ;)!
    BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!
    Call in the next ten minutes and reserve your seat on the hourly boat rides for just $;) ;) more!
    That's a savings of over $;) ;) ;) if you call NOW
    Catfishermen are standing by to take your money!
    Think it will work?...W

11. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Well larry I am guessing that you are not talking about a jon/flatbottom.I know you have ridden in one of those;) My boat is also an Alumacraft:)

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Boat rides and depthfinder demo's. Think we could get a few sponsors out of this?

Pete

13. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have a Porta Bote. Its plastic, weights 113lbs without motor and is Coastguard and Internationally approved. They make a 16' but mine is 12.5'. I use an electric trolling motor and that thing scoots. They say it will cruise at 23 mph with a 5 hp engine, but I like the slower quiet life. It folds 4" thick and I store it on a shelf in my garage. You can put it in nearly anywhere and never have a sore back or a submerged car at the boat ramp. (heard about the car thing never happened to me.)

14. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Truck,

He's got to have high sides got a son thats outfishing the oleman and his ole man, boy thats bad when the Grandson kicks the Grandpaws butt catfishing, trust me he was letting me know all about it, 4yr old and already he's stompin butt, should see Larry when a rod goes down and Josh reaches down lifts an 8 foot rod out of the rod holder and leans back into it and starts crankin, only thoughts in Larrys head "Don't drop the rod" plus Larry has to keep a 100# lab inside the boat, he will have his hands full in a few years or maybe I will too..........Doc

15. firecat

firecat New Member

State:
    OHIO Go Bucks
    thanks for all the posts yes I will be checking out the alumacrafts at fish n camp I can't wait this time next week will have already put some big pigs in the boat. Truck I didn't realize yours was a alumacraft.but yes Im not looking for a john boat. See ya all at fish n camp

Larry

16. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    LoL Doc I know what you mean about those grandkids,got 4 of them that think they are gods gift to fishing/hunting;) Someday I may be able to outfish or outhunt them:) Larry I did not think you wanted a jon/flat they are good most times except rough water.I am in the works on getting a deep V myself;) Daryl

17. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I have a 15.5 ft mod v jon by alumacraft. 2 yrs old. I love it. I have a 9.9 merc 4 str on the back and it will get me where I need to go. Nice deep sides for a jon so it is safe for the kids. I have pics on the thread about show us your boat. I have been very pleased. The wind kicks up some decient swells on the RED River here and as long as I act like a grown up I have no problems.

I would suggest going with a 25. you could really scoot then. even with mine 2 people and gear can go 13 mph by gps

18. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :) I have a almnacraft...built just like a bass tracker with a 50 horse..2 livewells...steering wheel..double gas tanks..I love it..:) :)

19. Ducain

Ducain New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    My buddy (BigFish on this forum) and I fished all last season in my 14' alumacraft, and it did great. We have had to do some minor repears due to the rivets seeping a little (it's an 80's model boat), but all in all it's a tough little boat, light, and the mod-v makes it handle nicely.

JH

20. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have a 15' 1960 alum. simi-deep vee. Don't leak (unless it rains). If the boat is taken care of and not used to roughly, the rivets should hold for the life of the boat. It doesn't look like it just came off a show room floor. All the dents and scratches were hard fought scars from the catfish wars.