Alum @ Howard or North more ?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Corn, May 28, 2009.

1. Corn

Corn New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hello all came across this website the other day and so far have found lots of nice information. Tommorrow a co-worker and myself are going to go fishin in the morning to do some catfishing. My question is would howard bridge vicinity be a good area to start off at or should we go up north more. I havn't been any further north then Howard road so not sure whats all up in that area for pull off/fishing spots.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. redneck_oh_44833

redneck_oh_44833 New Member

State:
    Galion Ohio
    I've fished north of haward road some. There are places to park but there is a little walk to get to were I fish. As you head north up hogback road you will see a parking spot on the left. Walk down the hill to the water. There is a narrow channel with big flats on both sides. Most of the fish I catch come out of the channel but this time of year they may be up on the flats spawning. I don't know how high the water level is the last time it was very low but that was a few weeks ago. good luck

3. catmancats

catmancats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know its a little late to respond , but this time of year you should really consider as far north as you can get, the cats are spawning and this means they will be heading into shallow water. Weed beds are my favorite target. But also look for log jams in shallow water. When i say shallow water I mean nothing deeper than 2 to 3 feet. Ive caught many nice cats at alum creek this time of year. Also you might want to try the river at near kilborn. I'll be heading there tonight if anyone want to hook up....

Laterzzz , Hope to see ya all on the water sometime...........