Alum Creek

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Vonroc, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Went Fishing Saturday night at Alum. Had my 2 best fishing buddies with me , my dad and my youngest son Aaron.Total catch for the night 7 cats. Dad caught the biggest about 7 pound it got off as I pulled it in by leader line. My son caught a big soft shell turtle, a real fighter I had to cut the line at the boat. Dad didn't want it inside the boat. Here is a picture of a 4.8 pound cat my son caught, his biggest fish of the night. My dad is the joker behind him. Everything caught on cut fresh shad, 18' of water. Was a good time had by all. My son had his first 2 a day football practice so he got a nap in before the night was over.

Attached Files:

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Nice fish. Its good to spend time fishing with family members. I hope it is cooler there than it is here for them two a day practices. Thats something I don't miss.

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    3 genarations that sounds like you guys have alot of fun on the water. Great trip, and nice catch.:haha::big_smile_2::0a1:

4. Rambo

Rambo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    its great when familys can get out together and enjoy the water, i cant get my father to go out with my brother and i anymore, i think he thinks hes too old for bank fishing ha ha ha, but we are looking into buying a bass boat and that should get him back out there.:smile2:

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Dennis drag him you have to (as long as he still likes to fish), I wish my Dad were still alive to take fishing.

6. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    You know I have to work on my Dad pretty hard to get him out catfishing. Even though my dad like myself is an avid fishermen he's only been strictly game fish - pike , walleye, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, crappie, saugeye. Having a Lake Erie boat, Florida boat and a boat for fishing on small home waters he does fish quit a bit. It's also hard for him to stay up late. The last 2 night fishing trips we took he did have fun even though the first trip he didn't catch any cats. He actually said he has learned alot from me from the tactics I use. And as you might guess this makes a son feel pretty good. To think those 50 years of him teaching me everything he knows about fishing, I was able to teach him something new. Now the tradition the torch if you will has been passed to me , it's my turn to pass all that information on to my son. I just hope as he grows older he loves the outdoors and fishing as much as his father and grandfather.

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Friday night I took the wife and kids to the handicap dock right off of Chesire. Using worms (I know I know shut it :smile2:) I tried to catch some bait (Gills) and put a couple of poles out with Worm. I havent been to Alum this year and wanted to try it out again, the water was very low from the last time Ive been there couldnt belive how low it was. Well after sitting there for about 2 hours I saw my wifes pole bounce a couple of times and let her know that she had a bite. Watched it for about 15 more min and nothing so I started bringing it in to check the bait on it. Well I felt something on the line and told my wife to bring it the rest of the way in. Well she has officially outfished me this year by catching the 1# Cat :embarassed:. Well now it just gives me some incentive to start catching something LOL.

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Sounds like you had a good trip. Thanks for sharing.