Alum Creek

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Vonroc, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Caught 7 nice ones. Biggest 9lb smallest 5 1/2 lb.All caught on cut bluegill, deep water 15 to 18 ft. 2 blues 5 channels , fishing from the bank.Took the boat, but I found a nice spot in a gulley between 2 hills.Already packed chair cooler and bank rod holders just in case I found a good spot so I was ready to go. Good day fishin!

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats on the fish

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish, congrats on the catches.

4. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice job! I live in westervill and everytime we go there, i cant catch a catfish. Only been able to catch them in hoover. One of the problems might be because we dont have a boat yet. Anyways, great job on the cats!!

5. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    True1212, I fish 80 percent from the bank. Many times I use my boat just to get to these spots. Honestly I catch my biggest fish this way. The spot I fished from Friday you can walk to, but it's a hike with all the gear I carry. It would be a problem walking out in the dark back to your car without a good head light.The thing I always remeber for this time of year, use big cut bait and look for deep water. BE PATIENT, trust your skills, take snacks and have fun! Go looking at your favorite fishing lake there is always good bank fishing to be had if you're willing to walk to it .

6. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We should hook up some time. with me being a minor and all, my dad has to come if it is ok with you. Thanks for the tipps too!

7. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    congrats on the catch

8. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Was able to get out and go fishing Saturday, same spot. 6 fish caught biggest 11 1/2lb blue smallest 4 1/2 channel, another good day fishin.

9. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice report! I posted a report called "Antrim Lake."sounds like we both had a good day fishing. Nice job.

10. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on the good day of fishing thanks for sharing

11. mashunter18

mashunter18 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Got any pictures of these "blues" your catching???

Reason I ask is iv caught 100's of channels from alum, and only ever seen one real blue from there, and odnr only stocked them in the 70's for 2 years.

12. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    I took my last pic on Saturday with a throw away camera. I going to take it to Wally World , will post them when I get them back. I've ben catching blues at Alum for the last 2 years now. I will remember your post I'll make sure to drop you a line when I get the pics back.

13. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    ODNR must have stocked Delaware also I've caught 2 there this year.There is no mistake, there is a big difference side by side to a channel cat.

14. mashunter18

mashunter18 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeah would like to see the pictures. One of the guys on ogf forum emailed dnr a while back about alum blues, these are the numbers he got....

9/16/1975 36,800 blue cat fingerlings
    10/13/1977 12,222 blue cat fingerlings

As far as deleware, not sure, biggest Iv got from there is 3-4 pound channel.