Alum Creek or Hoover for channel catfish?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by caymancat, Aug 8, 2006.

1. caymancat

caymancat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hi ohio brothers. I was planning on going out to Alum creek or Hoover reservoir sometime soon and was wondering which was better for channel cat bank fishing. Also, if you have any particular spots/baits at these places those would be appreciated greatly. Thanks for the help!

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    At this time I would hit Alum Creek the cats seemed to have moved up into swallower water and the Hoover cats are still a bit deep the last I heard.

3. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    correct here, most the hoover cats are in deeper water. i went out to alum creek on the boat the other day and couldn't even fish with the wake. From what i hear go hit the north end there and you will have good luck on shrimp, shad, etc. I will be up at alum again this weekend so may have a seat open to any takers. best thing is if we strike out up there can hit a sure fire deal up at hoover later on.

Ben

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I work 6a -2p and off weds. and thurs. and would like to hit it with you for a few hours and show you some areas I have good luck in.

5. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been putting in at Howard rd. My boy and I did pretty well there during spawn. Not sure where to try now, I might go south from Howard in some of the coves, Plus drift some to see if we can pick up any. Might try to get out early Sat. Morning if I can get the deck back on my boat.