Alum creek may 2

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ohio Trophy Hunter, May 2, 2007.

1. Ohio Trophy Hunter

Ohio Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    went up to alum about 3 am today.
    nothing but FAT pregnant bullheads til the sun came up.
    about 7 am i hooked a real nice channel that ran me straight into a submerged tree and after about 10 minutes of trying to get him out, he broke off my fresh 50lb sufix braid. hmm, wonder if power pro would have gotten him out?
    once i learned i had to horse em past that tree i did land 2, about 6.5# and 4.5# and missed a nice run.
    the two i landed (and the one i lost) were all on shrimp on the bottom. the run i missed was on cut shad at 10 feet on a bobber. i got another bite on the shad but it was reaally light.
    the bullheads were all 3 caught on shrimp as well.(one managed to swallow a 4/0 circle hook! on bobbers at about 6 feet and nearer shore.
    nothing was touching crawlers, and i fished the shad for a long time with just that one run and one nibble.
    the weather was mixed up as can be with the cold front trying to take over the warm front that has been hanging over us for several days. wind was changing direction every few minutes and clouds were going three different ways. full moon or darn close.
    wish i'd have gotten out yesterday too!

Eric B

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Sounds like a nice trip. What....no pics?

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Where were you at? Im planning on going out either Friday night or Sat night if interested in meeting.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am trying to get out this weekend also. Maybe we can all hook up and try and get some kitties.

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Sounds like you had fun Eric. Congrats on the catches. Glad to see you back posting again.

6. Ohio Trophy Hunter

Ohio Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    neo;haven't even got the pics off the camers yet!
    ryan & teays; unfortunately i have to work third shift every weekend, mondays & tuesdays off, but the season is just getting going so maybe sometime this summer! i was in the howard road area by the bridge. man! i gotta get a kayak or something! i've been wanting to try about a dozen spots up there that are very diffucult to fish from shore.
    jason; good to hear from you again man! i've been pretty busy working on the camaro and answering questions on some of those forums lately, but summer's near so i'll be around here more often.
    i'd definately like to get out on the water with you guys sometime this season!
    i'll post pics as soon as i find my my/space password! lol

Eric B

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Went to Alum the first pull off from Afrika, used shrimp (twice frozen :smile2:, Marshmellows :lol:, and old brats :tounge_out:). I maybe got one hit off the brat but it was real light. I did manage to pull a muscle on the bottom of my rib cage real bad when I was trying to cast out. So all in all bad day LOL.